Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #41  
It seems someone had a strong dislike for American truckers………

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #42  
I am really surprised by many of the comments here. Cummins cheated. But folks here defend them when other manufacturers manage to follow the rules. Basically Cummins stole money from the other manufacturers who spent the funds to make systems that comply with the law. Cummins did not. So they cheated. They got caught and folks are defending them. What about the other folks who managed to follow the law? I don't get it.
Eric

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #43  
Are they the only ones to cheat or is the EPA waiting in the correctly time to expose the other brands?

At this point I am thinking it's a tool the gov/politicians have to discredit diesels and manipulate the market

Punishing Vw pushed them into the EV heavy.

This will force the truck industry to do the same even faster

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #45  
Thats just a gut feeling:
View attachment 840245
In the end of the day, your cab is your safety structure. A hood and a radiator arent much of a crumple zone. Especially when, apparently, rear underride prevention bars on the back of a trailer arent mandatory in North America...?
In Europe a 5x5" square tube is mandatory.

Officially names Mansfield bars after the death of Jayne Mansfield. Who happens to be the mother of Mariska Hargitay who plays the actress Olivia Benson on the TV show Law and Order.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #46  
Are they the only ones to cheat or is the EPA waiting in the correctly time to expose the other brands?

At this point I am thinking it's a tool the gov/politicians have to discredit diesels and manipulate the market

Punishing Vw pushed them into the EV heavy.

This will force the truck industry to do the same even faster
Diesels are not going away. They are too fuel efficient.
Eric

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #48  
I am really surprised by many of the comments here. Cummins cheated. But folks here defend them when other manufacturers manage to follow the rules. Basically Cummins stole money from the other manufacturers who spent the funds to make systems that comply with the law. Cummins did not. So they cheated. They got caught and folks are defending them. What about the other folks who managed to follow the law? I don't get it.
Eric
My only question is can we still have faith the remaining are above board in light of the creative work around on both sides of the pond?

Cummins powers a lot of standby and prime generators...

Mine with low hours are already targets for phase out circa 1995 at the hospital...

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #49  
What are they proposing to replace the Cummins backup gensets? Aren't they still the gold standard for reliable backup genset power?

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #50  
Don't know actually. I have a turbo charged John Deere 4 cylinder diesel in my Generac 27KW standby and it's over 15 years old now with no issues other than routine maintenance. Far as I'm concerned, they are all good so long as you maintain them.

Status
Not open for further replies.