Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #11  
That's a lot of cheating for a very long time. Seems hard to believe that Ram didn't know. I wonder it they'll have to buy back vehicles like VW did?

Also since GM and Ford get more power out of their diesel truck engines than Ram does yet they have the same emissions limits, it seems plausible that they have been cheating too.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #13  
The question is who isnt cheating...

Didnt CAT leave the big truck diesel game for a time around 2010 due to emissions ?
Yes.
IH is also crippled by the “MaxxForce” engines, too. They are absolute junk with the emissions crap on them.
I could have bought a newer maxxforce powered International dump truck for less than the older, pre-emissions HT570 powered version I bought.
Nobody wants the Maxxforce powered trucks. You are lucky to get 150,000 miles out of them.

IH went to Cummins and MAN power to make up for their engines that customers are thoroughly disappointed with.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #14  
I have a neighbor that used to work at the Jamestown plant. He always stressed the quality aspect of his job. He did the final grind on the camshafts. This will probably be news to him. They built the over the road truck engines there.
Spent 8 years there in the test department. Great place to work but you need to keep your head down and not create turmoil.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #15  
Garland and the lot need to go. These vehicles will last 10 times longer and produce much less total life emissions than any electric truck will. My guess is they didn't pay the regulatory fee that is required to play the game. Regulations are there specifically to use the government to limit who can be in business versus those that big money (gov't or business) doesn't want around. This is to remind them how the rules work.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #17  
Who do they think they are? Volkswagen?

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #18  
Dieselgate 2.0

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #20  
Guberment is forcing us into the rare earth metals battery game from chyna.
But, but, but - did Cummins agree to compliance with regulations; and then fudge/game the system, and expect not to be caught?

Status
Not open for further replies.