Cub Cadet GT 2544 review!

/ Cub Cadet GT 2544 review! #1  

Cub gt 2544=best

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 Cub Cadet GT 2544
Hello. I’ve come to my senses and finally decided to make a review of My 2007 Cub Cadet Heavy Duty GT 2544 garden tractor. So, basically this tractor has a commercial grade 22 hp Kohler Command CH670 Horizontal Shaft engine. Has 35 foot-pounds of torque. It also has the fully serviceable Cast Iron transmission which has a Hydro Gear BDU 10L hydro pump. And has a 1 inch axle shaft that is steel and 4 lug rear wheels. The transmission is equivalent to the k72 from tuff torq. You can use ground engaging attachments like the mold board plow, 30 inch hydraulic tiller, 44 inch deck, and really anything you can attach to a sleeve hitch.
But anyway, I have put this tractor through so much stuff and it always comes out running. I have cut my neighbors lawn that was 4 feet tall and it didn’t bog down, towed my 6000 pound boat and rolled my lawn with a 600 pound roller, moved cars with it in the snow, and used it to till and plow a garden. Has never let me down. Mowing for this machine is almost to easy for this machine. Never bogs or struggles. Using it as a garden tractor is even easier on the machine. It never stops no matter what I do I can’t stop this tractor. In the 280.5 hours it has I have had no issues the Transmission works great the engine always runs like a top. Also every year get a fresh oil change with Amsoil Small engine 10 w 30.
Now I also owned a cub 1872 and John Deere x540 but the quality for some reason isn’t as good as my cub cadet GT 2544. It always was able to do way more than those other tractors. So in conclusion i think that these tractors are the best garden tractors I’ve ever used. Thanks for reading! Have a nice day.

/ Cub Cadet GT 2544 review! #4  
I'd like to see underneath of your deck. The 4 Cub Cadets I've owned at various times since 1994, different size decks, stamped and fabricated, have been absolutely horrendous in my grass, wet or dry. Clumped and clogged every single time I mowed. Brand new 2165 with either a 44" or 46" stamped deck in 1994. Think I sold it with over 700 hrs, engine/drivetrain no problems, deck sucked. Next was a new 3204 with a 54" stamped deck I believe. tractor was awesome, deck sucked. Sold that and got a Kubota GR2100 54" deck,diesel. Loved that mower, didn't know the transmissions were garbage on them until after I just paid it off and started grinding like crazy. Next up was another new Cub Cadet in 2012, I think it was a GTX2100, 54" fabricated deck ,had the electronic power steering and electric deck lift. Nice tractor, power steering failed when they were dropping it off after I bought it, but the fabricated deck sucked just as bad as the previous ones. Had that one until November 2016, when I bought the Kubota BX1870,loader, and 54" deck. Deck still gets buildup, but nowhere near as bad as Cubs and rarely clumps. I bought a Cub Cadet 1864 in April w/ a 48" stamped deck. That was my summer project, redid deck bearings/seals. It left a nice cut, but the deck buildup after 1 mowing was atrocious. I had thought about selling the Kubota to pay off some bills and keep the 1864, but after seeing that deck buildup and the miserable mule drive setup of attaching and detaching deck, I said no way. I ended up finding a 551 snowblower that I freshened up a little for the 1864, was tempted to keep it for that alone if I didn't sell it, but I did sell the 1864. I'd love to own a another Cub, as my local dealer is only about 5 miles away and is an awesome dealer(Cedar Street Sales). I was looking at some Cub zero turns(ZTX 5 60" or a 60" Pro one), but my history with their decks and cutting abilities, I'll probably stay with my Kubota....

/ Cub Cadet GT 2544 review! #5  
I had a 3235 with 54 inch fabricated deck. It had baffles in the deck and would clog up from my very wet and uneven 1 acre yard. The deck weighed 260 pounds and had shaft drive and was a bear to drag out from under the tractor to clean at least once a season. In 2015 I bought my current XT3-GSX with 54 inch fabricated deck. It has NO baffles. It now has 250 hours and has never been taken off and had a blade change or sharpening yet. I do have a new set of blades but haven't had to change them yet.

Bob B.

/ Cub Cadet GT 2544 review! #6  
I had a 3235 with 54 inch fabricated deck. It had baffles in the deck and would clog up from my very wet and uneven 1 acre yard. The deck weighed 260 pounds and had shaft drive and was a bear to drag out from under the tractor to clean at least once a season. In 2015 I bought my current XT3-GSX with 54 inch fabricated deck. It has NO baffles. It now has 250 hours and has never been taken off and had a blade change or sharpening yet. I do have a new set of blades but haven't had to change them yet.

Bob B.
I think the 3204 had shaft drive to deck. All I know I had to take deck off every 2nd or 3rd mowing and scrape it off. It was always pretty much packed. It got old fast....

/ Cub Cadet GT 2544 review!
I have not had a problem with grass build up. It’s always clean. Check every once in a while and my grass has ponds we get so much rain and I still mow.

/ Cub Cadet GT 2544 review! #8  
I'd like to see underneath of your deck. The 4 Cub Cadets I've owned at various times since 1994, different size decks, stamped and fabricated, have been absolutely horrendous in my grass, wet or dry. Clumped and clogged every single time I mowed. Brand new 2165 with either a 44" or 46" stamped deck in 1994. Think I sold it with over 700 hrs, engine/drivetrain no problems, deck sucked. Next was a new 3204 with a 54" stamped deck I believe. tractor was awesome, deck sucked. Sold that and got a Kubota GR2100 54" deck,diesel. Loved that mower, didn't know the transmissions were garbage on them until after I just paid it off and started grinding like crazy. Next up was another new Cub Cadet in 2012, I think it was a GTX2100, 54" fabricated deck ,had the electronic power steering and electric deck lift. Nice tractor, power steering failed when they were dropping it off after I bought it, but the fabricated deck sucked just as bad as the previous ones. Had that one until November 2016, when I bought the Kubota BX1870,loader, and 54" deck. Deck still gets buildup, but nowhere near as bad as Cubs and rarely clumps. I bought a Cub Cadet 1864 in April w/ a 48" stamped deck. That was my summer project, redid deck bearings/seals. It left a nice cut, but the deck buildup after 1 mowing was atrocious. I had thought about selling the Kubota to pay off some bills and keep the 1864, but after seeing that deck buildup and the miserable mule drive setup of attaching and detaching deck, I said no way. I ended up finding a 551 snowblower that I freshened up a little for the 1864, was tempted to keep it for that alone if I didn't sell it, but I did sell the 1864. I'd love to own a another Cub, as my local dealer is only about 5 miles away and is an awesome dealer(Cedar Street Sales). I was looking at some Cub zero turns(ZTX 5 60" or a 60" Pro one), but my history with their decks and cutting abilities, I'll probably stay with my Kubota....
It’s at my brother’s house. I have to go
up this week and I’ll try to grab a photo. I’m sorry youve had such bad luck😖

/ Cub Cadet GT 2544 review! #9  
Cub GT, I sent you a private message in regards to the 2544's 44 inch mower deck.

/ Cub Cadet GT 2544 review!
Ok i hope i can help!