Cub Cadet Challenger 750

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #51  
K man,

I was having some trouble with the steel wearbar on gravel. I got a DENALI Snow Plow Polyurethane Wearbar from Motoalliance.com and so far it works much better.

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750
K man,

I was having some trouble with the steel wearbar on gravel. I got a DENALI Snow Plow Polyurethane Wearbar from Motoalliance.com and so far it works much better.

Humm!! I have no issues with the steel wear bar on the gravel but then I have the plow legs up to 2 inches this way it does not dig into the gravel.

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #53  
I’ve owned two Cub Cadet Challengers – 2016 700 and 2017 750
Neither runs out properly – the 700 would usually not shift into Reverse or Low without a battle and about 10% of the time would go in halfway & then grind gears terribly. In Low it would start out in High and drop down to Low with a loud crash.
It was back & forth to the dealer’s shop 2 months out of 10 trying to fix it and when he completely stripped it down to replace the transmission main shaft and declared it fixed – it ran less than 10 minutes before coming to a smoking stop. After that Cub decided to give us a new one rather than pay dealer to keep giving him parts to fix it.
So we paid to upgrade to the 2017 750 which is a huge improvement. BUT it has the same trans problem, lots of gear grinding PLUS it kills a LOT, hard to drive when cold.
We had dealer (try to) install EPS on the 750 but they screwed it up so bad it was delivered dangerous to drive. After a battle they took it off and we don’t miss it - one less thing for them to (never) fix.
Took the 750 to my dealer who couldn’t fix that shifter either or the motor stalling – he replaced the O2 sensor and installed a throttle body off another machine – that didn’t fix anything so he decided to solve the problem by telling me to buy a Polaris cause he isn’t going to work on it ever again and I’m not welcome in his shop. – Black Hills Power Sports Hill City / Rapid City, SD.

Both machines are good snow plows with dealer supplied 5’ Denali plow.

I’ve owned two Cub Cadet Challengers – 2016 700 and 2017 750
Neither runs out properly – the 700 would usually not shift into Reverse or Low without a battle and about 10% of the time would go in halfway & then grind gears terribly. In Low it would start out in High and drop down to Low with a loud crash.
It was back & forth to the dealer’s shop 2 months out of 10 trying to fix it and when he completely stripped it down to replace the transmission main shaft and declared it fixed – it ran less than 10 minutes before coming to a smoking stop. After that Cub decided to give us a new one rather than pay dealer to keep giving him parts to fix it.
So we paid to upgrade to the 2017 750 which is a huge improvement. BUT it has the same trans problem, lots of gear grinding PLUS it kills a LOT, hard to drive when cold.
We had dealer (try to) install EPS on the 750 but they screwed it up so bad it was delivered dangerous to drive. After a battle they took it off and we don’t miss it - one less thing for them to (never) fix.
Took the 750 to my dealer who couldn’t fix that shifter either or the motor stalling – he replaced the O2 sensor and installed a throttle body off another machine – that didn’t fix anything so he decided to solve the problem by telling me to buy a Polaris cause he isn’t going to work on it ever again and I’m not welcome in his shop. – Black Hills Power Sports Hill City / Rapid City, SD.

Both machines are good snow plows with dealer supplied 5’ Denali plow.

Sorry to say but I guess you got a lemon lol. My Challenger 750 EPS ( factory installed) is 8 months old and have no big issues with it yet. The grinding that you talk about is probably caused by the engine revs are a little bit to high or you do not have the brake pedal depressed hard enough.
Also you have to let the machine warm up when it is cold I know cause I start mine at -27 and let run for a least 3-5 minutes before taking off or it will stall out like you mention. Looking around for a block heater that would help.
The only issue that I have is the gas pedal is too high off the floor and after a while of running my ankle gets sore. I am thinking of putting a 2 x 4 where my heel rests so it will raise it up a bit and make it more comfortable. I have not heard of anyone yet that has that issue. Maybe my feet are too small lol.
As for the dealer installing your EPS is a no no. My dealer told me that they would not install the EPS as they would have to buy special tools for installing one. They prefer that you buy it already installed at the factory then this way it is under warranty.
I do know a friend who has the older 700 Challenger and he does complain about the grinding but then the stick shift is in between the driver and passenger which I dislike and that probably causes the grinding as he tries to shift it too fast. The engine revs have to be down before attempting to shift.

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #55  
I don't have any of those problems ether. Sounds to me like your shifting cable adjustment was not right. I do agree with K man about the gas pedal being too high. I added some thick floor mats that I made out of horse stall rubber matting. That helped some.

I don't have any of those problems ether. Sounds to me like your shifting cable adjustment was not right. I do agree with K man about the gas pedal being too high. I added some thick floor mats that I made out of horse stall rubber matting. That helped some.

Thanks, In the owners manual it shows how to adjust the cable so that the gears line up with the selector on the dash. Great idea of building the floor up with horse stall mats which makes sense it is water and weather proof. I will look around the shop cause I had some left over from when I sold the farm.

tstae may I ask did you get the upper doors and back window on your Challenger like in my pic. I did and find it very noisy inside the cab but fine in the Summer with them off.

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #58  
Yes I did....with them on the noise is x 2 or more.

I wish I would of known about it before I bought them. Now I have to figure a way to silence the inside during the Winter months cause without ear phones she is loud lol. Now that the Winter is almost over will be taking top of door off.

/ Cub Cadet Challenger 750 #60  
The Challenger 750 was not available with factory EPS when it first came out. Dealer didn’t know the 700 EPS he had on hand wouldn’t fit the 750. Or that he had to have a $200 calibration tool for the 750. He got the EPS kit and then the tool, then installed it with a big flaw that changed from no EPS to EPS while driving so it would jerk around above 15 mph, going down a road, very dangerous - so I told him to take it off, I plow a lot of snow & don’t miss EPS.
If I got a lemon then I got 3 in a row (2016 700, 2016 750 Crew loaner and 2017 750) as all three would never shift right or go into low properly. Sounds like yours & friends is iffy too.
Our problem is not RPM’s it’s a trans that won’t go into gear properly or stay there. Dealer had it in his shop for 2 months out of the ten we had the 700, always for the trans - he replaced many parts & never fixed it. Grinding starts once it’s in gear and we tap the gas. You’d think the dealer could adjust the trans shifter.
Did your foam seat disintegrate? Ours did three times, they were defective. Now MTD / Cub Cadet expects me to drive 240 miles to get another free replacement since my dealer lost his cool and refuses to service that or the 750 shifter or stalling under warranty.
I’m 6’2, have no problem with the gas pedal but my knee often hits the turn signal switch getting in the cramped (for me) cab.
That Denali plow we like is 6’ not 5. When our driveway was new we found a few big rocks with the wear bar but only took about 10 minutes for a welding shop to flatten it back, we have no problems at all now; we just paint it when it needs it. Silicone lube on the blade and speed makes snow fly off.