CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION?

/ CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION? #11  
The little diamond on the tack shows you 540 RPM. If you have a 540 RPM mower that is what it is designed to work most efficiently at for blade speed. If what you’re cutting works better for you at a lower RPM so be it. But running your implement at the recommended rpm range is not excessive wear and tear on the machine. But definitely nothing wrong with lowering your RPMs if it fits your need.

/ CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION? #12  
If you're buying a tractor that vibrates at what you say is the optimal range, then you're buying the wrong tractor. Any good operator will listen for noise and feel for vibration and won't run a tractor under those conditions. But again proper maintenance is much more important than trying to out-engineer the engineers that built the tractor.

Attachments and tractors are built to run at that speed.

As long as you've given the motor a proper warm up before running at full "optimal" speed and also given it a proper cool down before shutting it off, you will not extend the life of the motor appreciably by running it at a lower RPM.

Run it the way it was designed, if there is any noise or vibration then you need to investigate further.

And IF you have any noise or vibration please let us know here on TBN and keep us informed on how your dealer responds to help others make somewhat informed decisions on which tractor to buy.

Forums like TBN should encourage manufacturers to build a better product.
Harmonics of the motor- all crankshafts are balanced to some controlled specifications. Depending on manufacturer there is resonance frequency in the motor on the power rpm curve applied. Depending on the balance zone and specification it can be at low range and higher range. Bottom line any good experienced operator knows the right sound for his machine to operate.

Now I was not referring to a vibrating Johnny put - put but maybe you were and your probably a green machine owner. I always was fond of farmalls they did not vibrate.

Never experienced any Japan or Korean tractor vibrate with 3 or more cylinders now 2 cylinders that is different story. Early kubota with 2 cylinders would shake your inner core at lower speeds.

I assume you are at pto speed when you engage the implement also. Since you are fixated running the motor at PTO speed.

I am sure many TBNers will join in how to engage pto correctly. Let them share in fun here with us.

We all have something to learn otherwise we will never achieve wisdom. Best of luck in your journey while running your tractor.

/ CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION? #13  
We never run anything at 540. We cut hay with a disc mower too I don't run anything wide open. Just enough that it does the job. You can always slow down travel speed to match ability of implement.

/ CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION? #14  
I hope this helps.

Attachments

• CT225 tack.JPG
    CT225 tack.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 90
  • CT225 PTO data.JPG
    CT225 PTO data.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 86
   / CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION? #15  
We never run anything at 540. We cut hay with a disc mower too I don't run anything wide open. Just enough that it does the job. You can always slow down travel speed to match ability of implement.
If you trade up to a above tier 4 tractor you will need to change. They are meant to run at full speed to keep the exhaust hot and help burn off the particulate in the DPF filter. If you run at a slower speed you will be going into regeneration more often and stopping to do a parked regeneration more often as well. If you have a Hydrostatic drive tractor it works better at full speed also.

/ CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION? #16  
If you trade up to a above tier 4 tractor you will need to change. They are meant to run at full speed to keep the exhaust hot and help burn off the particulate in the DPF filter. If you run at a slower speed you will be going into regeneration more often and stopping to do a parked regeneration more often as well. If you have a Hydrostatic drive tractor it works better at full speed also.
Thats good, but I'll never have to deal with it.