CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION?

/ CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION? #1  

BobcatTR

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225
Hi guys, if I mow with my tack showing 1500 rpm, is my rear PTO turning 540?
Orrrr, do I need to run RPM's to the RED DIAMOND on the tack, for 540?
Thanks alot!
Terry

/ CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION? #2  
Hi guys, if I mow with my tack showing 1500 rpm, is my rear PTO turning 540?
Orrrr, do I need to run RPM's to the RED DIAMOND on the tack, for 540?
Thanks alot!
Terry
Red diamond I think. Most tractors have 540 written beside the indicator mark on the tach.

/ CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION?
Red diamond I think. Most tractors have 540 written beside the indicator mark on the tach.
Thanks!
I don't believe mine says it.
I will look later today.
I was thinking RED DIAMOND was MAX RPM.

/ CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION? #4  
Thanks!
I don't believe mine says it.
I will look later today.
I was thinking RED DIAMOND was MAX RPM.
I believe 540 is only achieved at or very close to max RPM. But I think operating speed is a better description then max RPM.

/ CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION? #5  
I believe 540 is only achieved at or very close to max RPM. But I think operating speed is a better description then max RPM.
Just because it states 540 on tach - dash at specific RPM does not mean you have run the implement at that speed. Close to 540 RPM is acceptable and will provide life to tractor and implement. Unless your running a disc mower less PTO RPM’s is safe bet. Just look at this way you don’t typically drive your car in low gear wide open throttle why would with your tractor.

/ CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION? #6  
Just because it states 540 on tach - dash at specific RPM does not mean you have run the implement at that speed. Close to 540 RPM is acceptable and will provide life to tractor and implement. Unless your running a disc mower less PTO RPM’s is safe bet. Just look at this way you don’t typically drive your car in low gear wide open throttle why would with your tractor.
If a car was the same as a tractor, we wouldn't need tractors. You simply can't compare the 2. Attachments built for tractors are built for an RPM of 540. And tractors are built to deliver said 540. Proper maintenance is much much more important to long life then running at the speed it was designed for.

/ CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION? #7  
If a car was the same as a tractor, we wouldn't need tractors. You simply can't compare the 2. Attachments built for tractors are built for an RPM of 540. And tractors are built to deliver said 540. Proper maintenance is much much more important to long life then running at the speed it was designed for.
Beg to differ put on thousand of hours on equipment either you run it hard ending with short life. Run it less hard and it last lifetime. 540 RPM is suggested optimal range just that. I design equipment for a living “design engineer” we provide optimal range for equipment use. Some users follow guidelines others don’t and seek warranty. Again 540 pto is line or verbiage on the dash you the operator choose or listen to where the motor is running with less vibration (frequency) yet still optimizing the implement for best performance. Yet not loading down the motor either , too low of RPM.

/ CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION?
Beg to differ put on thousand of hours on equipment either you run it hard ending with short life. Run it less hard and it last lifetime. 540 RPM is suggested optimal range just that. I design equipment for a living “design engineer” we provide optimal range for equipment use. Some users follow guidelines others don’t and seek warranty. Again 540 pto is line or verbiage on the dash you the operator choose or listen to where the motor is running with less vibration (frequency) yet still optimizing the implement for best performance. Yet not loading down the motor either , too low of RPM.
Thanks for the input!
Very interesting information!
I'd rather keep my equipment around!
Keep my blades sharp, and operate it by sound, vibration, operation, etc.
Makes sense!

/ CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION? #9  
Some users follow guidelines others don’t and seek warranty. Again 540 pto is line or verbiage on the dash you the operator choose or listen to where the motor is running with less vibration
Contradictory

/ CT225 FINISH MOWER QUESTION? #10  
If you're buying a tractor that vibrates at what you say is the optimal range, then you're buying the wrong tractor. Any good operator will listen for noise and feel for vibration and won't run a tractor under those conditions. But again proper maintenance is much more important than trying to out-engineer the engineers that built the tractor.

Attachments and tractors are built to run at that speed.

As long as you've given the motor a proper warm up before running at full "optimal" speed and also given it a proper cool down before shutting it off, you will not extend the life of the motor appreciably by running it at a lower RPM.

Run it the way it was designed, if there is any noise or vibration then you need to investigate further.

And IF you have any noise or vibration please let us know here on TBN and keep us informed on how your dealer responds to help others make somewhat informed decisions on which tractor to buy.

Forums like TBN should encourage manufacturers to build a better product.