County Noise Ordinances?

/ County Noise Ordinances? #51  
I had an older Sears electric power washer that had the wonderful feature that it would apply detergent at high pressure, rather than the low pressure detergent application that seems more common. It was very effective despite being lower pressure and lower volume than many machines. I prefer it to my 4gpm 3,000psi machine that is admittedly more powerful at washing off dried cracked on gunk, but not as good at getting things "clean".

Any thoughts on a favorite equipment wash/detergent?

All the best,

Peter
I just bought 5 gallons of ZEP purple degreaser from home depot. Got it mainly for cleaning the shop floors since I have a self contained filtration unit to recycle the water in the wash bay.

I had a radiator that needed to be cleaned. It was clogged solid with dust, grime, and probably a billion bug guts.

I soaked the radiator down using a pump up sprayer with that ZEP. Let it sit for an hour while I took my lunch break.

Came back an hour later and all the caked on gunk just washed out of the fins without any effort.

Just tried it on another one only letting it sit for about 5 minutes. The gunk just flowed out of the fins when I hit it with water.

/ County Noise Ordinances?
The Friday night to Monday noon rental was $45 extra with mini ex… Saturday was all mini ex and Sunday afternoon for the pressure washer.

The main area is 60x120 blacktop and covered with moss… plus I did some walks too.

Got to find a solution for moss on blacktop… it’s like a carpet left unchecked.

/ County Noise Ordinances? #53  
I just bought 5 gallons of ZEP purple degreaser from home depot. Got it mainly for cleaning the shop floors since I have a self contained filtration unit to recycle the water in the wash bay.

I had a radiator that needed to be cleaned. It was clogged solid with dust, grime, and probably a billion bug guts.

I soaked the radiator down using a pump up sprayer with that ZEP. Let it sit for an hour while I took my lunch break.

Came back an hour later and all the caked on gunk just washed out of the fins without any effort.

Just tried it on another one only letting it sit for about 5 minutes. The gunk just flowed out of the fins when I hit it with water.
I’ll have to try that purple ZEP

/ County Noise Ordinances? #55  
The Friday night to Monday noon rental was $45 extra with mini ex… Saturday was all mini ex and Sunday afternoon for the pressure washer.

The main area is 60x120 blacktop and covered with moss… plus I did some walks too.

I've had good success with Wet&Forget, simply spray the moss prone areas every couple of years.

/ County Noise Ordinances?
Today is last day and I will pick some up and treat… 7200 square feet but not all required shovel to remove… too bad I can’t sell the stuff.

It grows where there is the slightest ponding and the very tall for trees obstruct the sun.

I found a snow shovel handy for gathering and tossing.

/ County Noise Ordinances? #57  
I've found that woodstove ashes will keep it under control. Not a big problem here, but at my last place lots of deep shade.

/ County Noise Ordinances? #58  
   / County Noise Ordinances? #59  
About noise:
Wife & I used to drag race. Our local track 12 miles away and it was a small airport. Really nice pad, chrondek, tower, return lane & pit area. We could run Saturday, Sunday afternoon and one night for test & tune.
All was well, it was far away from houses...then farms sold off for sub divisions. People moved in from out of state, fully aware there was a drag strip but started beaching about the noise ().
So...no more Sunday...
Then...no more evening test & tune...
Then...we had to run mufflers!!!!!
Then...race track open one day a month. Finally it was closed down.
Then Liberty University who owns a huge chunk of Lynchburg Va. bought it as well as adjacent land. "Liberty Avionics", where they teach flying! So now (in fact RIGHT NOW) a plane is flying over. We've had them flying super low, running horses, do acrobatics, shut-restart engine(s).
So it goes from a Saturday afternoon race once a month to planes sunup until 11pm every day all day randomly.

/ County Noise Ordinances? #60  
Yea, I can't even imagine someone coming down my 1/3 mile driveway to tell me my Honda engine pressure washer was driving them crazy. They would get laughed at. We have no noise ordinances

I think the neighbor is a whiner looking for problems where there aren’t.
Good Afternoon,
There are people that will complain about anything !

West coast has different rules ! :unsure: