Cost of deep wells ???

/ Cost of deep wells ???
May have retired. Jon
If he did retire, you think he would have abandoned the land line and not just simply leave it on voicemail forever.... At least I hope. The way I remember the guy was my age, so about 55 now... Should be making a ton of money drilling for all the new arrivals, worst possible time to retire....

/ Cost of deep wells ??? #42  
If he did retire, you think he would have abandoned the land line and not just simply leave it on voicemail forever.... At least I hope. The way I remember the guy was my age, so about 55 now... Should be making a ton of money drilling for all the new arrivals, worst possible time to retire....
Again welcome to Colorado. That is how it works here, trades have enough work to keep them satisfied. So next to impossible to get in touch with them. I had my roof done 4 years ago with metal. The company that did it was a local company that rolled out the metal on site. last year I wanted to put metal up on the ceiling in my finished basement. Left a message with the answering service 5 times over 2 months. Never a call back. Ended up going and buying the metal sheets from Home Depot 75 miles away…. Again 5 months to line up delivery of 1 dump of gravel. 2 months of messages and then “my next available window for a delivery, 9 miles from the pit, is in 6-8 weeks”…

/ Cost of deep wells ??? #43  
I know I am getting old, but I cannot believe the prices they charge to drill wells these days. 50-100K is not uncommon, and I heard of one that cost almost 2 million, but that was under very unusual conditions. Just to make everyone feel bad, in the 90's I was still drilling 200' deep wells for 1500 bucks and installing a complete 1.5HP pump systems for another 1500 bucks. Can't believe people were complaining about the price back then. :rolleyes:

/ Cost of deep wells ???
I finally found an email address for the well driller and got a response. Seems they are no longer in the well drilling business. Sounds like health problems on the part of the proprietor, not a voluntary retirement... Sad.

/ Cost of deep wells ??? #46  
I finally found an email address for the well driller and got a response. Seems they are no longer in the well drilling business. Sounds like health problems on the part of the proprietor, not a voluntary retirement... Sad.
I imagine that the Pueblo/Trinidad area probably has a lot of well drillers. It may require just getting several bids.

/ Cost of deep wells ???
The first response I got was from Pueblo with the $80/foot number so yes, I am looking for more offers in the area... I am sure it wont get cheaper as one heads further north toward Denver...