Conversion from Cub Cadet 7275 to Case IH 1140

/ Conversion from Cub Cadet 7275 to Case IH 1140
The engine compartment panels are pretty simple to take off but will get tricky when it gets to the dash. Most of the rear skin I taped and painted in place if I could.

/ Conversion from Cub Cadet 7275 to Case IH 1140 #12  
I've got a line on a broken 7235 (23hp, hydrostatic drive). Looks like this tractor died due to the engine mounting bracket issue and not only is the engine toast somebody tried to weld the frame mounts but got it messed up and too low. There's no way to connect the transmission to the front axle though I suppose you'd have to split the tractor to get a new engine mounted properly. This includes a Cub Cadet loader (model 417).

Seller is asking $2500/obo. I can see what a wonderful strong machine it was made to be, but I will need to hire out the welding and see if I can find a used replacement engine to drop in. I need to decide if I can tackle this affordably or if it's too big a job. Wife says no, so I'll need web pages with prices for an engine to show her before she'll agree to have a long-term project in the yard.

Anyone know if any of the K3 series engines will fit? Can I go with either a K3G or K3H? I haven't been able to find anything that specifies the differences in these engines other than the H is the next HP up size. Would it be possible to put in another engine entirely like a more plentiful kubota or Kohler diesel? This will be my first tractor and I'm trying to get into a diesel tractor for about $5K. I see some older Kubota with loader in that range sometimes. I just don't know how much it'd cost to hire a professional welder to fix/fabricate new mounts for whatever engine I'd get to put in this shell. Any/all advise welcomed!

Last edited:
   / Conversion from Cub Cadet 7275 to Case IH 1140 #13  
Nice job on your tractor they are a very good machine I had an 1130 for 24 yrs. just sold it. It was used for logging,forks for loading logs,road building, brush hogging and plowing snow. Total cost of repair parts approx. $1,200 over the yrs.
IH 002.jpgCase 1130 006.jpg
Over all a very well made tractor.

/ Conversion from Cub Cadet 7275 to Case IH 1140 #14  
Looks great! Where did you get the decals? What model are they from?

/ Conversion from Cub Cadet 7275 to Case IH 1140 #15  
Revival! I’ve looked at this thread several times over the years. My hood needs painted so it’s time. And I‘m lucky enough to own a red Mahindra version of this tractor, so my conversion will be super easy. Problem is I can‘t find this “hydro” decal. I’ve been to the IH dealer, and they don’t know either. I’ve browsed the tractors on tractor house and only hydro ones I find are curved decals. Anyone have any ideas?

/ Conversion from Cub Cadet 7275 to Case IH 1140 #16  
I had a Frey loader on my 7274 never let me down sold it with 1400hrs on it