Connecting hydraulics for a Westendorf loader on a NH2120

/ Connecting hydraulics for a Westendorf loader on a NH2120 #1  

meringer

Tractor
New Holland 2120
Just purchased a used Westendorf loader to mount on my NH2120. The NH has an existing 2 spool remote control assembly on it (diagram attached). 3 lines run in to the valve assembly and 4 lines run out to the implement. The Westendorf has an 2 lever control mounted to the loader with 2 hydraulic hoses to be connected to the hydraulic system (see pics). Is it safe to assume that one of these hoses is a return to the reservoir and the other to power the hydraulic cylinders? My question - how do I connect these to the tractor's hydraulic system (given that there were 3 lines running into the NH 2 spool valve assembly and only 2 lines running into the Westendorf valve assembly)? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    903.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 2024-03-30 08_18_52-Window.png
    2024-03-30 08_18_52-Window.png
    93 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2324.jpg
    IMG_2324.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
   / Connecting hydraulics for a Westendorf loader on a NH2120 #2  
You say your NH has an existing 2 spool remote,
does this go to rear remote quick connects?
or is this a loader ready valve with a joystick?

/ Connecting hydraulics for a Westendorf loader on a NH2120
It is a loader ready valve with a joystick. The tractor previously had a snow plow blade on it. I'm replacing that with a loader.

Attachments

• IMG_2337.jpg
    IMG_2337.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
FYI . The tractor also has a single spool remote for the for the rear hydraulic quick disconnect

/ Connecting hydraulics for a Westendorf loader on a NH2120 #5  
Easiest, cheapest way would be to remove the Westendorf valve and put quick coupler tips on loader hoses. This would utilize the NH joystick valve.
If hoses aren't long enough, make new hoses.

/ Connecting hydraulics for a Westendorf loader on a NH2120 #6  
The easiest and cleanest would be to use the existing lines and joystick, just connect the four lines from the loader valve to the four lines on the tractor.

/ Connecting hydraulics for a Westendorf loader on a NH2120 #7  
Easiest, cheapest way would be to remove the Westendorf valve and put quick coupler tips on loader hoses. This would utilize the NH joystick valve.
If hoses aren't long enough, make new hoses.
Or just short extensions.

Thanks TractorTech and LouNY for your recommendations. Indeed that seems the simplest route. Still would like to understand the reason for the 3 line vs 2 line difference between the valve assemblies. Will probably continue to research a bit to figure that out.
Happy Easter!

/ Connecting hydraulics for a Westendorf loader on a NH2120 #9  
The difference between the two valves is power beyond. The one on the tractor has and needs 3 hoses because the third hose feeds the remote valve or 3pt valve. In order to use the valve that came with the loader you would need to add a power beyond sleeve and a third hose.

Thank you K5lwq. And after looking up the Summit Hydraulics spool valve (that is installed on the loader) I see that there is a 3rd port for power beyond. Just have to decide if having the newer valve is worth the work to modify (the valve on the loader is 2 years old while the one on the tractor is 28 years old).