Confirm I'm doing it right. Adding 3 spool for remotes

/ Confirm I'm doing it right. Adding 3 spool for remotes
As tomorrow doesn't look like a good day for working I pulled out the connector that is between the hardline at the back and the 3pt. Going to take it to a hydraulic shop and see what they can do to marry it up. I agree that trying to match up something to the end of the hardline could be tough but if I can leave that connector in the hardline and then add a line onto the other end of the connector that would take care of that little challenge. Here's a pic of the connector:

Connector.jpg

If the shop can match up the end by my little finger then that's that problem solved, the return line I want to T into is a 12.5mm inside diameter so hopefully that's something they can find a T for. Then the fun part begins trying to size up hydraulic lines... Lol.

E.

Here's another vote for finding a good hydraulic shop when doing this kind of project!!! I took the connector pictured in my previous post and much to my surprise and pleasure they had adapters to hook onto my hardline end!! So I've now got a 90 to go from the above pictured connector back to the new 3 spool, and an adapter to go from my hardline to a hose to the 3 spool.

adapters.jpg

The adapter near my thumb will connect to the hardline.

I really thought connecting to that hardline would be impossible to figure out but that turned out to be easy, which is a big bonus as that means the connector that was between the hardline and the 3pt can stay in it's original location - anything else would have been very difficult to try and attach because it's tight in there, that connector being long allows for a socket to get on it easily.

So onto the next step - build the bracket to hold the 3spool and the remotes. Then I'll go back and with measurements for the hoses. Oh and getting a T for the return line to tank was a no brainer as well.

Once again thanks all for your help, when I originally started this project I didn't think doing it this way was going to be as easy as it's shaping up to be.

E.

/ Confirm I'm doing it right. Adding 3 spool for remotes #23  
With the usual open center aux valve that has a P and a T port but no PB, the T isn't really a low pressure tank port like the loader valve's T port is. It's both T and PB together. It carries the flow to the next valve in the series. I don't think it should be teed into anything. It has to go to the other valves in the chain, ending with the 3pt where it does go into the tank. If your valve has a T and a PB then you can tee the T into another T line but the PB has to go to the next valve in the chain.

You can use the hardline by running your hoses to an end that you disconnect and the port it was connected to, or remove it entirely and connect your two hoses to the two ports it was connected it with the valve in the middle.

The new valve I'm adding has P,PB,T - as I said in my last post I'm doing as you describe in your last sentence - connecting to the hardline from the loader valve and taking that to the new valve and from the new valve PB port I'm plumbing that back to where the hardline originally terminated. Lastly the T port of the new valve will be T'd into a low pressure line.

I made up a bracket to hold the new valve today so now I can measure up all the hoses and get those made, hopefully some time next week if I'm lucky. So maybe even by the end of the week I'll have this completed.

E.

/ Confirm I'm doing it right. Adding 3 spool for remotes #25  
With the usual open center aux valve that has a P and a T port but no PB, the T isn't really a low pressure tank port like the loader valve's T port is. It's both T and PB together. It carries the flow to the next valve in the series. I don't think it should be teed into anything. It has to go to the other valves in the chain, ending with the 3pt where it does go into the tank. If your valve has a T and a PB then you can tee the T into another T line but the PB has to go to the next valve in the chain.

You can use the hardline by running your hoses to an end that you disconnect and the port it was connected to, or remove it entirely and connect your two hoses to the two ports it was connected it with the valve in the middle.

I don't think that its a good idea to assume that "It's both T and PB together." It may be that the T port is for low pressure return to tank only. Using the T port for high pressure to a downstream function could burst the valve body.

/ Confirm I'm doing it right. Adding 3 spool for remotes #26  
If there's a dedicated PB port like a lot of loader valves, then the T port is a low pressure T port that can be teed into other low pressure T lines. The T port carries the flow from changes in cylinder volume- when the piston is fully in, the cylinder holds less oil because the rod takes up space. The typical remote valve does not have a PB. It's got an in, an out, and two work ports. The out has the functions of PB and T combined, and will be at high pressure. Maybe it's more useful for plumbing to describe it as not having a T port but I was trying to account for that functionality.

/ Confirm I'm doing it right. Adding 3 spool for remotes #27  
   / Confirm I'm doing it right. Adding 3 spool for remotes #28  
Using the T port for PB on a valve with T and PB was NOT what I was describing. My apologies for any confusion.

/ Confirm I'm doing it right. Adding 3 spool for remotes #29  
Here's another vote for finding a good hydraulic shop when doing this kind of project!!! I took the connector pictured in my previous post and much to my surprise and pleasure they had adapters to hook onto my hardline end!! So I've now got a 90 to go from the above pictured connector back to the new 3 spool, and an adapter to go from my hardline to a hose to the 3 spool.

Man did you ever get lucky. Both ends of the hard line on the CK35 have these Banjo style fittings.

Kioti_Banjo_Fitting.jpg

Glad your project is coming together well. Nothing beats having a good hydraulic shop locally, you might spend a little more over internet prices, but the knowledge you have access to is priceless.

/ Confirm I'm doing it right. Adding 3 spool for remotes #30  
Using the T port for PB on a valve with T and PB was NOT what I was describing. My apologies for any confusion.

I probably caused the confusion by commenting about the power beyond sleeve. What I meant to point out is that the T, or "tank" port on a directional valve may or may not be designed to power a downstream device such as the 3PH. The T port, on some valves, is only designed to handle a maximum of 500 PSI and using it to power the 3PH, for example, could result in bursting the valve body.