Coney, what is to much garlic

/ Coney, what is to much garlic #41  
Best dogs up on Coney Islands were a brand called ”Sabrettes” (sp?) hot dogs. Oh man they were good. I havent had one in 20+ years. My buddy’s dad was from “Nort Jersey” and he’d bring back 5-10 pounds of them at a time for the family.

/ Coney, what is to much garlic
Any garlic at all is too much. Garlic just baffles me. One of the most sickening smells and tastes ever, in the field or the kitchen. I guess that's the southern in me. All those years of trying to avoid it when harvesting beans and smelling it when doing so.
It does stink up the house.

The first time I smelled garlic was in the late 50's. We went to visit some really old people who lived in a rundown old log cabin. The first thing the woman said was "excuse the smell, I'm cooking garlic potatoes".

I was just a kid but I knew food did not smell like that. So I asked dad about it on the way home. Evidently he didn't believe the woman either and told me the smell was "old people smell".

But them fried garlic potatoes are good eating.

/ Coney, what is to much garlic #43  
The only way I can eat green olives.
I think I’m going to grab a fork and go to the fridge now. ;)
1641234846078.png

/ Coney, what is to much garlic #44  
Reminds me of the old saying, "There's no accounting for tastes". I love garlic on shrimp, anything pork, corn on the cob, and especially in guacamole. Beef not so much.

/ Coney, what is to much garlic #45  
Coney sauce? Is that anything like hot dog and hamburger chili? I've never seen garlic go in hot dog chili here in the south and now I know why I don't eat hot dogs anywhere other than in the south.
I like a good southern hot dog but NOTHING like a fresh hot plate of Detroit area coneys.