Coney, what is to much garlic

/ Coney, what is to much garlic #1  

bigtiller

Tractor
JD 2720 & 3039R
About 50 years ago, a bar owner sold the best tasting conies I have ever eaten. But his wife took the recipe to her grave....until about 15 years ago. My buddy and the owner were alone in the bar one night in the early 70's and he gave up the recipe, just one drunk to another kind of thing. The recipe makes about a gallon of coney sauce with LOTS of onion, ground meat and spices.

Question.... Does 4 heads of garlic sound about right for an Italian recipe? A fresh head garlic in our store is slightly smaller than a tennis ball.

I have made it twice but never put 4 heads in, just 2. I would hate to put to much in and ruin it because it is not a cheap thing to make. With buns, pickles and dogs it is over $50.

/ Coney, what is to much garlic #2  
Depends on quantity of the other ingredients.......

/ Coney, what is to much garlic #4  
Boy, there's a guessing game. Sounds delicious, though. :p

/ Coney, what is to much garlic #5  
About 50 years ago, a bar owner sold the best tasting conies I have ever eaten. But his wife took the recipe to her grave....until about 15 years ago. My buddy and the owner were alone in the bar one night in the early 70's and he gave up the recipe, just one drunk to another kind of thing. The recipe makes about a gallon of coney sauce with LOTS of onion, ground meat and spices.

Question.... Does 4 heads of garlic sound about right for an Italian recipe? A fresh head garlic in our store is slightly smaller than a tennis ball.

I have made it twice but never put 4 heads in, just 2. I would hate to put to much in and ruin it because it is not a cheap thing to make. With buns, pickles and dogs it is over $50.
There should be no budget and or care for science.

/ Coney, what is to much garlic #6  
Bigger heads of garlic tend to be milder. Go for it!

/ Coney, what is to much garlic #7  
Speaking of garlic, 20 years ago there used to be this TV chef ,possibly Cajun. He always said to add 3 times the garlic you think you should. Who was he? Used to think if he ever was cremated, it would smell like Gilroy.,..,

/ Coney, what is to much garlic #9  
Coney sauce? Is that anything like hot dog and hamburger chili? I've never seen garlic go in hot dog chili here in the south and now I know why I don't eat hot dogs anywhere other than in the south.

/ Coney, what is to much garlic #10  
Speaking of garlic, 20 years ago there used to be this TV chef ,possibly Cajun. He always said to add 3 times the garlic you think you should. Who was he? Used to think if he ever was cremated, it would smell like Gilroy.,..,

:):) That was Justin Wilson. The show was Cajun Cookin. So funny. Clips can be seen on YouTube. That was more like the 70's -- 45 years ago or so.

He had a great accent. Best part was when he'd add a little (glug, glug, glug) of his favorite cookin' wine, Jacque Danielle.