Compressor issue

/ Compressor issue
I’ll have to post more pictures I guess, check valve could be in several places.

/ Compressor issue #12  
What happens when you plug direct with no extension cord?

My 100' cord is #10 and my compressor is happy...

/ Compressor issue #13  
One other comment. You mention that your power source is temporary. If it is not up to snuff there can be additional problems with load carrying capability. Though the compressors unloader valve helps a bit for startup you still have the pressure in the tank working against you. Empty tank provides the least starting resistance.

/ Compressor issue
Generally auto start compressors have a "unloader" valve that releases any pressure in cylinder(s) when compressor reaches set pressure.... IF your unloader valve is leaking pressure back into cylinder due to faulty valve in unloader, yes its going to be very difficult for compressor to start against the pressurized cylinder.... If it were me first thing I would do is check condition of the loader valve....

IF the is no unloader valve, there may be a check valve somewhere between head of compressor and tank, it may even be built into compressor head..... Better pic of compressor without hose draped all over it would give us people on other side of computer screen better idea of design/construction of "compressor"...
Thanks, will post better pics in a bit
I do think this may be the issue
Not to dismiss any other theories but it gives me the impression of being hydro locked so unloaded valve is a good start, I’d also agree that the 100 ft cord and amperage drop isn’t helping, I did run my small camper with all accessories at one point of my temporary power pole so while it may not be at optimized efficiency I believe it should suffice
It would be nice to see an amp rating on the motor sticker

Last edited:
   / Compressor issue #15  
Someone has already suggested the best solution for a temporary use. Plug it in near the receptacle and use a longer hose. Having extra hoses is always a good idea and I use mine frequently. If the compressor has an unloader and it isn't working I would repair it. It is less likely to damage the motor or controls and it will last longr.

/ Compressor issue
When it shuts down it blows air back out the intake tube. Hard to even cover it shut with my thumb.
Soon as air stops leaking out intake tube I can plug it back in and it starts fine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 113
   / Compressor issue #17  
There is something leaking, don’t know where the leak is or if there are multiple.
I put my ear to the compressor this morning and it sounds internally ( in the compressor itself)
Is the check valve located internally?
Maybe I’m just not distinguishing where the noise is coming from.
Can you or someone elaborate?
Thanks

The valve on my gas drive compressor that controls the engine speed leaks a decent amount of air when the engine isn’t running. I guess it probably leaks all the time but you don’t hear it when it’s running.

/ Compressor issue #19  
   / Compressor issue #20  
Only thing you'll accomplish by running low amperage on an extension cord is, you'll roast the motor.