Comparing my 3320 with a 790

/ Comparing my 3320 with a 790 #1  

foggy1111

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3560 HSTC, 805 Loader
I have now spent some time with my 3320....and it became quite evident yesterday how much more pulling power and tracton I have with the 3320 when pulling my disc. I was a bit concerned due to R4 tires. (I have my rears loaded)

I was discing some new ground, and this tractors weight pulled my disc around so much better than my previous 790 which had R1's. I never needed the diff-lock which I always rode with the 790. I think the extra weight and tire size is what makes the better traction happen. I never spun out or experienced much wheel spin....even after a few passes burried to the hubs and in loose ground.

I have noticed too that the ability to handle big loads with my loader is significantly improved (until you break your ^&*$%$ grapple -another story). There are many other pluses with this tractor....but pulling the same disc (set up the same as used with my "old" 790) really tells the tale.

I have the same PTO HP available with either tractor....but the 3320 is much more tractor due to features and weight. Weight is your friend when it comes to field work with these little tractors. :thumbsup:

/ Comparing my 3320 with a 790 #2  
Nice rundown, Foggy...except you replaced your MANLY gear transmission 790 with a girly eHydro....

/ Comparing my 3320 with a 790 #3  
I think what you are experiencing with your 3320 is more horsepower. Your 3320 has nearly 6 (32.8) more hp than the 790 at 27hp.

Yes, you have the same pto hp but, that doesn't come into play when discing.

If I were buying a tractor I wouldn't be comparing the 790 with the 3320. 2 different beasts.

Now, if you are expressing your happiness with your 3320, I understand. That's a real nice rig.:thumbsup:

/ Comparing my 3320 with a 790
I think what you are experiencing with your 3320 is more horsepower. Your 3320 has nearly 6 (32.8) more hp than the 790 at 27hp.

Yes, you have the same pto hp but, that doesn't come into play when discing.

If I were buying a tractor I wouldn't be comparing the 790 with the 3320. 2 different beasts.

Now, if you are expressing your happiness with your 3320, I understand. That's a real nice rig.:thumbsup:

Actually.....I had an early 790 with a bigger CID than the later ones....I had 30 engine HP and 25 PTO HP. So, from a power standpoint....they are pretty similar rigs. I was concerned that even with more weight that the industrial tires would not pull my disc. But....the weight trumps tires in this case. And that was my point.

And.....I think Hydros are pretty Macho Roy. :D I'm sure enjoying mine.

/ Comparing my 3320 with a 790 #5