Compact tractor options

/ Compact tractor options
Thanks for the replies guys.
I went back to the Mahindra/Kioti dealership. The Mahindra is definitely more of a "Man's tractor" if that makes any sense. Everything is just a bit more rugged especially with the whole framework that goes from the loader frame to the rear of the tractor. I liked the beefyness of the Mahindra and that it came with a stereo but there were just too many negatives for a tractor that is significantly more than the other options.
I brought my wife this time. She uses our tractor as much or more than I do so I wanted to get her opinion. Funny thing is everything that I pointed out that I didn't like about the Mahindra she said the same thing! The sales person thought it was so funny. Positioning of three point hitch control, DOT triangle mounted right to the middle of the rear window, etc.
Then I mentioned that we would need to pay extra for the rear aux outputs, showed her the sliding 3 PH arms, the electric rear window defrost, and the outside control lever for the 3 PH on the Kioti and she was sold.
Add to that the fact that they lower the price on the 4020 by $1000ish. So we are getting the Kioti 4020 for around $35,800 with a Bluetooth stereo thrown in.
Ordering a 72" Meteor snowblower with hydraulic chute rotate and deflector.
Need to get some other stuff like a block heater, tire chains, etc.
Did some research on what my current tractor is worth and was pleased to see that it is selling for the same dollar amount that I paid for it almost 20 years ago.
Even if I sell it cheap that will cover the cost of tire chains and the snowblower with money left over.

Last edited:
   / Compact tractor options #52  
What kind of tires are you getting?

/ Compact tractor options #53  
But is it an error?
A lot of manufacturers use generic or other brand components throughout their tractors.

When Massey decided to use Perkins diesels they were still Massey Ferguson tractors. Nobody thought that using a different engine changed the manufacturer.
Yes it was.

/ Compact tractor options #54  
Thanks for the replies guys.
I went back to the Mahindra/Kioti dealership. The Mahindra is definitely more of a "Man's tractor" if that makes any sense. Everything is just a bit more rugged especially with the whole framework that goes from the loader frame to the rear of the tractor. I liked the beefyness of the Mahindra and that it came with a stereo but there were just too many negatives for a tractor that is significantly more than the other options.
I brought my wife this time. She uses our tractor as much or more than I do so I wanted to get her opinion. Funny thing is everything that I pointed out that I didn't like about the Mahindra she said the same thing! The sales person thought it was so funny. Positioning of three point hitch control, DOT triangle mounted right to the middle of the rear window, etc.
Then I mentioned that we would need to pay extra for the rear aux outputs, showed her the sliding 3 PH arms, the electric rear window defrost, and the outside control lever for the 3 PH on the Kioti and she was sold.
Add to that the fact that they lower the price on the 4020 by $1000ish. So we are getting the Kioti 4020 for around $35,800 with a Bluetooth stereo thrown in.
Ordering a 72" Meteor snowblower with hydraulic chute rotate and deflector.
Need to get some other stuff like a block heater, tire chains, etc.
Did some research on what my current tractor is worth and was pleased to see that it is selling for the same dollar amount that I paid for it almost 20 years ago.
Even if I sell it cheap that will cover the cost of tire chains and the snowblower with money left over.
Great!
Glad it all worked out for ya.
Hope you and the wife have much success w the new machine.

/ Compact tractor options #55  
I think you made the right choice.

/ Compact tractor options #56  
Very good choice; you're from Maine, right? What dealer did you go with?

/ Compact tractor options #59