CK2610HST Radiator Removal

/ CK2610HST Radiator Removal #1  

mmecsics

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti ck2510 hst
So long story short, after the hurricane last year, there is still a lot of tree branches and such around on the ground. I was bush hogging today, heard a smack, and saw a stick wedged between the oil filter and the radiator on my tractor. Hopped off and moved stick, and saw coolant leaking out. Drove tractor back over to shed, parked it, cleaned myself off, hopped in the truck and drove home pissed off.

Anyone remove the radiator on one of these yet? Wondering how hard a job it is, because it’s at the property and not at home with all my tools. I couldn’t see exactly where the coolant was coming from, but it is somewhere in either the lower plastic tank or lower radiator.

Thanks I’m advance, and it’s sounding like it’s gonna be a fairly expensive fix, from the prices I’ve seen online for a new radiator. (They look like they are about $600 for just the radiator)

/ CK2610HST Radiator Removal #2  
sorry to hear this,,but if you have a local radiator shop, they can repair most radiators,, after you pull it (radiator) check with your local shops first.. in my area there are no more rad. shops.. good luck.. c falcon

/ CK2610HST Radiator Removal #3  
I just pulled the radiator on my ck3510. Might be similar. I had to remove the oil cooler, the fuel cooler, and the battery. then the radiator and fan shroud are all on a frame than mounts with 4 bolts near where the battery sits. Drain the rest of the fluid and disconnect the hoses of course. Just needed a 10mm, 12 mm, and Phillips screwdriver I think. Easy but kind of a pain in the butt.

/ CK2610HST Radiator Removal #4  
If the damage isn't too bad and you have a radiator shop nearby see if they can fix it. I just had mine repaired for $150. Way better than $650 for a new one.

/ CK2610HST Radiator Removal
Okay, just figured I’d update this. Radiator removal isn’t too bad at all, a hand full of 10mm bolts, and a few 12mm. Basically pull battery, remove air filter, loosen hoses, undo bolts to radiator and you can lean the metal mount forward, and the plastic shroud back, and snake the radiator out the top.

I found that the stick busted the smaller plastic nipple on the bottom, but was still attached, just cracked at the base where it meets the radiator tank. I wound up using a soldering iron to melt the plastic back together, then laid about 1/4” thick of panel bond epoxy over it. I only have a few heat cycles on it, but so far, so good. Figured I had nothing to lose by trying this first, before I bought a $650 radiator.