Choice: food or solar fields

/ Choice: food or solar fields #272  
^^^yes^^^Theres a war on fossil fuels.
yep…read some of the stuff being discussed in Davos. you’d have to be quite obtuse to not realize theres a reason fossil fuel prices have doubled since the aggressive anti-fossil fuel policies began about 1.5 years ago.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #273  
so now you’re talking out of both sides of your head again. You say there’s a shortage, then you say we’re producing more now than ever?
Whew!
I know the real answer, you’re just spewing conflicting information. Theres no “political spin”. Theres a war on fossil fuels.
You don’t seem to be able to comprehend what I posted. The US is extracting record amounts of oil from the ground. But worldwide there is a shortage. There is a difference between US production and worldwide production. Russian oil accounted for 30% of Europe’s oil, now there’s a shortage. Not a hard concept to understand; except when it conflicts with your political perspectives.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #274  
The rolling blackouts this summer will prove how poorly we do on solar panels & windmills covering farm fields and the closing of dependable fossil fuel power stations.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #275  
Russia sells us very little oil.
The loss of their imports cannot possibly explain anything but a fraction of the 150% increase in gas prices.
I didn't say they did. However, they were suppliers to some of the countries which now have the country on their "less desirable" list.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #277  
You don’t seem to be able to comprehend what I posted. The US is extracting record amounts of oil from the ground. But worldwide there is a shortage. There is a difference between US production and worldwide production. Russian oil accounted for 30% of Europe’s oil, now there’s a shortage. Not a hard concept to understand; except when it conflicts with your political perspectives.
Except the problem was already bad and getting worse long before Russia invaded Ukraine.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #278  
Except the problem was already bad and getting worse long before Russia invaded Ukraine.
Yes. But the problem isn’t that oil isn’t being pumped from the ground. Refinery issues, inflation issues, lots of things are creating high prices, including worldwide shortage. The only point I have been repeating is that the US is producing crude oil at record levels. Other factors are creating the price increases.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #279  
The rolling blackouts this summer will prove how poorly we do on solar panels & windmills covering farm fields and the closing of dependable fossil fuel power stations.
I’m sure that you’re rooting for that to happen. We have never experienced a rolling blackout in my state even with 36% of power from renewables. The only blackouts we ever experienced in the past 20 years were due to weather events such as snow storms, wind storms, tornadoes, substations failing…. Those rolling blackouts always seem to happen in the same places, indicating those areas have other issues with their power grid.

Last edited: