Choice: food or solar fields

/ Choice: food or solar fields #251  
Do you believe our President when he blames Russia for high fuel prices?
The national average for a gallon of gasoline was $2.38/gallon when ***** left office.
Today it's $4.60/gallon. What is your reasoning why that is so?
I can only speak for myself and imagine if I were the CEO of a big oil company...the handwriting is on the wall. EVs are here and more are coming. Make hay while the sun shines.
I don't believe the high fuel price is because Russia invaded Ukraine...do you?
I don't believe the oil companies are raising prices because they can...do you?
I don't believe if ***** was serving a second term gas would be $4.60/gal. This has nothing to do with politics or whether I like/dislike him...just what I personally believe.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #252  
But you do use thousands of gallons of polluting diesel. six of one, half a dozen of another.
Yeah, so?
Want to show me the alternative?
You want the country to eat, orexzok?
You need to use diesel fuel to grow, harvester, ship, store food.

Aint no windmill power or solar panels going to do that.

Last edited:
   / Choice: food or solar fields #253  
The national average for a gallon of gasoline was $2.38/gallon when ***** left office.
I can only speak for myself and imagine if I were the CEO of a big oil company...the handwriting is on the wall. EVs are here and more are coming. Make hay while the sun shines.
I don't believe if ***** was serving a second term gas would be $4.60/gal. This has nothing to do with politics or whether I like/dislike him...just what I personally believe.
I believe there is a lot more to it than that. The viewpoints toward oil from his administration certainly didn't help; the sanctions against Russia were bound to cause repercussions. You can pump all of the oil that you want, yet it's useless without refineries, which I believe is the bottleneck in the supply chain. Basic supply and demand suggests that prices will go up, as we are trying to make up for what we won't allow Russia to sell. (I believe that current sanctions will bite us in the tail in the long run, yet that's a discussion for another thread.)
Interest rates had been low since the ***** administration, and we had a pretty good economy for over a decade. We were bound to see an adjustment at some point.

Something which I like to point out to EV fans though... in many states the price of electricity is controlled by mandate. That's the only thing keeping electric prices from going through the roof as more people buy electric vehicles.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #254  
I believe there is a lot more to it than that. The viewpoints toward oil from his administration certainly didn't help; the sanctions against Russia were bound to cause repercussions. You can pump all of the oil that you want, yet it's useless without refineries, which I believe is the bottleneck in the supply chain. Basic supply and demand suggests that prices will go up, as we are trying to make up for what we won't allow Russia to sell. (I believe that current sanctions will bite us in the tail in the long run, yet that's a discussion for another thread.)
Interest rates had been low since the ***** administration, and we had a pretty good economy for over a decade. We were bound to see an adjustment at some point.

Something which I like to point out to EV fans though... in many states the price of electricity is controlled by mandate. That's the only thing keeping electric prices from going through the roof as more people buy electric vehicles.
Russia sells us very little oil.
The loss of their imports cannot possibly explain anything but a fraction of the 150% increase in gas prices.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #256  
I believe that exporting oil and fuel causes fuel to be priced on the world market and oil and fuel are currently short worldwide. Nothing is the same in the world as it was 2 years ago. If we didn’t export fuel and oil, prices would reflect supply and demand in the US. World prices reflect a whole lot more than just US policies. Look at how much fuel has been taken off the market by many countries banning Russian oil. Worldwide supply is down considerably, while US supply is about the same as 2 years ago.

Last edited:
   / Choice: food or solar fields #257  
Yeah, so?
Want to show me the alternative?
You want the country to eat, orexzok?
You need to use diesel fuel to grow, harvester, ship, store food.

Aint no windmill power going to do that.
Nice try at a spin, but my post was in regards to is solar or farming more detrimental to the environment. Nothing to do with food production, just pollution.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #258  
Russia sells us very little oil.
The loss of their imports cannot possibly explain anything but a fraction of the 150% increase in gas prices.
Our oil and fuel is priced based on world market prices, not just US markets, because we export oil and fuel. The US never imported much Russian oil, but Europe and parts of Asia did. Now there’s a shortage worldwide and US prices are reflecting that.

/ Choice: food or solar fields #259  
Our oil and fuel is priced based on world market prices, not just US markets, because we export oil and fuel. The US never imported much Russian oil, but Europe and parts of Asia did. Now there’s a shortage worldwide and US prices are reflecting that.
Nope