Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam?

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #11  
This seems to be a to be a mistake or scam- So lets put it to the test..

I just ordered one:laughing:

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #12  
This seems to be a to be a mistake or scam- So lets put it to the test.. I just ordered one:laughing:

Great! Who you gonna get to test it? :)

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #13  
Great! Who you gonna get to test it? :)

:laughing: Unfortunately I have been welding with the same HF auto dark helmet i bought back in the early 1990s, so If this helmet works as advertised 1/30000 of a second it should be better than what i am using now...
If not- back it will go

i have been looking at the Antras specifically model# AH6 -260-0000 on Amazon and will probably order one of those as a primary helmet. Should have picked up a new helmet years ago.

I just want to see if they will actually ship it.

Will probably just use it for grinding-since it says it has that mode.

Last edited:
   / Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #15  
EXACTLY Gee, they don't offer replacement eyeballs anywhere on Amazon far as I can tell......lol

One of our employees on the farm had a glass eye. But that was years ago and pre -Amazon.

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #16  
One of our employees on the farm had a glass eye. But that was years ago and pre -Amazon.

Maybe eyeBay? :)

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam?
I was working approx. 800 miles from home. I ended up taking a welding test to get a better job. I had welded in maybe 15 years. They loaned me one of the workers auto darkening helmet to use for the test. After the first run all I could see was a white spot, even after I was through. I was told that I should blink when I first strike the arc. I failed the test, but I got to keep my eyes.

I came home and hesitantly bought a blue flame Harbor Freight helmet. It seems to work perfect. No flash, no blinking. I just touch the arc and it instantly goes dark. I am very satisfied with the way it works. I have an old (30 year) Jackson that needs headgear. I will be giving it away.

I'll be curious to hear back on if these get delivered or not.

Steve

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #19  
We do a lot of TIG stainless work in the shop (I own it) and a good Hood is essential for TIG especially. I'm real leery of bargain basement hoods. May be ok for SMAW or MIG but TIG, no way.

/ Cheap Wedling Helmet or Scam? #20  
I ordered one to use with a video camera. Order was canceled by the end of the day. Oh well....