Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat?

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat? #31  
If you apply a moisturizer to your face before you go out, it greatly reduces wind chill. Think about the people who swim English Channel, coving themselves in some sort of lard/grease/gel

I do it all the time. It works... Besides, I'm not ready for the leather skin look yet.

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat? #32  
If you cover yourself in lard before going out in the snow you will attract the wolves :oops:

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat? #34  
After a bout with hypothermia three years ago, I found out that it sneaks up on you and can fool you that you're fine. I wasn't fine and kept plowing.

Once I was done plowing my reduced motor skills was evident trying to walk around in my shop. Taking my coveralls off was a test of my mental capacity.

Once I was I THOUGHT I was warmed up enough to drive 100 miles home, I couldn't keep warm with the heater fan running full blast in my SUV. All the while feeling completely drained and having a hard time not to nod off and drive off the road.

I don't think my core body temp came up to near normal until I took an extra long shower when I got home.

I was dumb for not having enough clothing on to keep warm enough and being stubborn not listening to what my body was telling me.

Use that heated vest to keep your core warm.

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat?
Update on this thread... kind of...

The diesel heaters took a while to arrive and it really didn't matter since I slipped on the ice and broke my hip.

Had to have relatives blow the snow until just recently while getting back on my feet.

This Mod will probably get done before next winters first snow fall since spring is about here.

Sorry about not finishing this threads main idea but Will try in the Future.

I did buy a heated seat cover.
The wife bought me the LI heated vest as well..
I also think the engine heat shroud "heat housers" is a Great Idea as well.

TBN continues to be a Great site with lots of knowledgeable Folks willing to help each other.

This thread is not dead- just on hold for a while.

Thanks Guys for all the Great Ideas I Do appreciate it.

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat? #36  
I ended up getting one of the smaller heaters and installed it in my SxS works great, I ran two ducts down in the footwells and two over to the windshield.
cab heat ducts outside.jpg

cab inside 1.jpg

cab heater 1.jpg

I thought I had more pictures of the inside heat ducts but I couldn't find them.

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat? #37  
Sorry to hear about the hip, heal soon.

You could use an electric heated vest like they sell for motorcyclists. They can be really effective even with 75 mph wind chill. All they need is a 12v socket.

I ended up getting one of the smaller heaters and installed it in my SxS works great, I ran two ducts down in the footwells and two over to the windshield.
View attachment 789899

View attachment 789900

View attachment 789901

I thought I had more pictures of the inside heat ducts but I couldn't find them.

Looks Good Lou and effective mounting solution.

I like the four tube heat output as well and that is also my plan to direct heat to multiple places.
Good to hear it works great.

Sorry to hear about the hip, heal soon.

You could use an electric heated vest like they sell for motorcyclists. They can be really effective even with 75 mph wind chill. All they need is a 12v socket.

Oh Thanks Eric.
This happened back in January, so well on my way to a Good recovery.
Did end up with a heated vest like suggested, and it helped a whole bunch on the tractor.
That is a great idea to throw it on this spring for extra heat on a motorcycle ride as well.
I Will do that. Thanks Again.

/ Cheap heat for uncabbed tractor plus intake preheat? #40  
I have one of these ~$100 diesel heaters but i sure haven't used it on a tractor.. Although that's a pretty good idea for a bigger tractor that has plenty of room for it!