Chains on 4300

/ Chains on 4300 #1  

beenthere

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_425, JD_455 AWS, added JD_455, JD_110, JD_X485(sold)
New member niemi00 asked about chains on JD 4300, and because the subject title was a bit ambiguous, I'm adding this thread.
Pic of chains on my 4300.

Attachments

• Tire_chains.JPG
    Tire_chains.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 199
   / Chains on 4300 #2  
BT, you of all people should know your 4300 is not a "AG" tractor ;)

/ Chains on 4300
:D
You betcha! Got me!!
But niemi00 posted in the AG board so was just following up with a new thread. Maybe the admins want to change it to Owning & Operating... be fine with me. ;)

/ Chains on 4300 #4  
Beenthere, Are those stock tires on the 4300 without a spacer set. I wanted to get rear chains for my 4310 but the tires on the back don't have nearly enough clearance around the fender or inner wall.

/ Chains on 4300
The tires are stock, but the chains are not. I made the chain set to nestle in the cupped out portion of the lugs, and ride higher on the sidewalls. Needed longer side chains and shorter cross links than what was/is commercially available.
I gained about an inch clearance by turning the rims and that gave enough distance for the chains to not interfere with the fenders. The inside is just a hook with no extra take-up links to slop around.

Now since that time, I have added two inch spacers for more side-hill stability, but not for chain clearance.

/ Chains on 4300 #6  
I gained about an inch clearance by turning the rims and that gave enough distance for the chains to not interfere with the fenders.

I did the same thing. Even with the extra inch the chains have to be tight.