CC 2042 problem?

/ CC 2042 problem? #11  
exacltly what I was thinking. I think if I had to do that, I'd use by Tempo Oil boy extractor (uses vacuum) to suck the gas out. Takes the oil out great of the pwc, tractor, lawn mowers, etc.

/ CC 2042 problem?
I tried the pump in an out of the way area first (gas can to gas can = about a pint of fuel) and nothing happended.
For what it's worth, I did have a fire extinguisher close by.

You both have a strong point and if it was luck on my part, I should go buy a lottery ticket.

If this ever happens again, I will use a hand operated manual pump = no sparks left in my old body.

Now I am feeling a bit nervous (after the fact) and I am not going to tell my bride about this one.

Thanks for the input,
John

/ CC 2042 problem? #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ..If this ever happens again, I will use a hand operated manual pump = no sparks left in my old body.)</font>

Bahhh! Where's the fun in that John! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (kidding) There's lots of close-coupled electric pumps out their to handle flamible liquids. Just gotta make sure it's rated for the application. Heck- just s/d your 2042 at idle to get the kohler kaaa-POOWWW!!
G/luck
Joel