Cat vs Squirrel

/ Cat vs Squirrel #21  
knuckles (the cat) got one yesterday. he presented it on the porch but when there were no takers he must have eaten the whole thing.

/ Cat vs Squirrel #22  
We had a cat that caught mice, pocket gophers, quail and an occasional bunny. He was great - the coyotes got him last year.

/ Cat vs Squirrel #23  
We had one that was our Killer Cat. If it came in the yard she killed it and left the guts on the front porch. Only thing she would not tackle was a coon or possum.

One day I shot a squirrel and didn't want to dress it out so I told the youngest to take the cat around front for a minute of so. She did and I got out the old rod and reel. I tied the line around the squirrel under it's front legs and then threw the squirrel over a tree limb. I could reel the sucker in and it looked like he was climbing the tree. Daughter brought the cat around the house and dropped it on the ground and I started reeling. The cat would climb the tree with it's hind legs while tearing fur out of the squirrel with its front claws. She wouldn't let go even when the squirrel topped the limb and fell to the ground. The cat couldn't understand why the squirrel was still moving. Daughter got the cat away from the squirrel and I threw it over the limb several times and the cat chased it up the tree until I snagged the line and broke it.

When I went into the house the daughter had tied the line on the back of her bicycle and was riding around the yard with the cat attacking the squirrel as it drug along the ground. The cat finally tore it up enough that the line came off and she ran off with the largest piece in her mouth.

I don't know who had the best time, the cat or the eight year old daughter!

/ Cat vs Squirrel #26  
I have a stray cat and 3 kittens outside. The mother cat has caught a lot of chipmunks and some mice and moles. Sunday morning there was a full grown squirrel on the deck she had caught. I thought she must have got lucky. Then Tuesday she caught another one. This morning she caught another fully grown squirrel. Has anyone seen a cat get a full grown squirrel?

Sent from my Samsung SPH-L710 using TractorByNet
See it all the time.. My cat will usually leave just the tail for me as present by the door :)

/ Cat vs Squirrel #27  
When I was growing up we had a cat that would lay in wait for the squirrels.When they came close he would give chase and would jump up the tree before the squirrel started up the tree. It sure surprised the squirrel. We never realized how many he caught until my parents retired and decided to move. We were cleaning out the top of the garage and found over a dozen squirrel tails in old boxes. He was quite a hunter.

/ Cat vs Squirrel #29  
Does in my book. We were raised on squirrel, rabbit, quail, catfish and duck.
Cruzer; I too have eaten squirrel, rabbit, etc. BUT not eating anything that ate our patio chair cushions. Just the principal of it. I don't bother snakes in the pastures but, if one insists on being on porches, in workshop, etc. they will see a shortened life by shovel, machete, or shotgun regardless of species. 3 water moccasins in 2 weeks. Rick

Edit: yes, we invaded their territory but, we also now own their territory!

/ Cat vs Squirrel #30  
Cruzer; I too have eaten squirrel, rabbit, etc. BUT not eating anything that ate our patio chair cushions. Just the principal of it. I don't bother snakes in the pastures but, if one insists on being on porches, in workshop, etc. they will see a shortened life by shovel, machete, or shotgun regardless of species. 3 water moccasins in 2 weeks. Rick

Edit: yes, we invaded their territory but, we also now own their territory!

You'll get no argument from me. The varmints and I have an understanding; they stay off my territory and they will be ok...but if I find them here, all bets are off. I won't normally harm a snake that I know isn't poisonous, but the other kind are dead meat no matter where I find them. Don't eat cats, don't shoot them any more either, but that doesn't meant they are welcome to raid my bird houses.