Cat vs Squirrel

/ Cat vs Squirrel #12  
Murph.You need the bucket of death.Fill 5 gallon bucket 3/4 of the way full with water and add a small amount oiled sun flower seeds.Chipmunks love them to death.

/ Cat vs Squirrel #13  
our outside kitty chases squirrels. But I've never seen him catch one. I wish he would. I don't have much use for the tree rats.

/ Cat vs Squirrel #15  
We once had a momma cat who would even catch snakes and rabbits!

Joe

/ Cat vs Squirrel #16  

Joe

Yep, I can remember our cats catching snakes and rabbits, but I never knew of a cat catching a squirrel, probably because of the shortage of squirrels where I grew up. We ate every squirrel we saw, so there were never many around.

/ Cat vs Squirrel #17  
Years ago we had an ole momma cat that would climb to the top of one of the trees at the edge of the yard, and we are talking like 50 feet up. Would lay there until a squirrel would get in the treee and she would leap off the higher branch and grab the squirrel on the way down. Sometimes she would catch a branch on the way down, sometimes would hit the ground with the squirrel in her mouth.

/ Cat vs Squirrel #18  
I saw a cat catch a squirrel in our back yard this Spring. There were 5 or 6 turkeys in the yard, which may have been a distraction, and a couple of squirrels. The cat stalked the squirrel very, very slowly until it got close enough to pounce on it. The squirrel didn't have a chance. The cat no sooner got the squirrel, when another cat came over and took the squirrel away from him and trotted off to the neighbor's yard.

/ Cat vs Squirrel
Sure could use a Chipmunk eating Cat.

Look on craigslist on go to the SPCA and get one. Be sure you get it fixed. A air rifle or .22 works good on chipmunks.

Had one that would do that back when we were kids, mommy cat too, (Ginger) one dang good cat. We (brother and I) used to toss her off the 2nd floor deck. :eek: She land run back up steps to us for more Superman flight... One day we cam out to a German Shepard in yard under the same 2nd floor steps. She jumped off onto it's head! Scratching, clawing and biting that dog all way out of the yard she held fast to it's head. A the edge of the yard she dove off and dog kept running, yelping and hollering full speed ahead. hahah

I would like to find one like her again, real loveable to us but would defend her property.

Later I had a big orange cat (Garfield) he weighted 27lbs had paws that fit into my 16yr old hand. He loved my '72 Plymouth Scamp, would lay in back window with feet on both B Pillars. I swear he had Lynx in him, found him tricker treating ~1980 as a beat up kitten at last house out nothing left but swamps. He had a short tail and tufted ears & face was a Bob Cat/Lynx other than his color. THAT cat would go hunting with us boys and the dogs... Some times I ended up carrying him back around my neck, he perched there watching for prey... Funniest dang thing one day my older sister stopped by the house with her little Mexican dog (Chico) about size of a squirrel. She opened the door and that dog jumped out, my cat started stalking the dog. She grabbed the dog picked him up but the cat kept cumming. she ran back to the car and the cat took off after the two of them lol.. that cat stood up on hind legs looking in her car door window licking his chops and growling... I was rolling went out picked the cat up and he (cat) was still growling chomping his mouth at same time... :D

Mark

I had a cat that I played batman with.

We call 'em tree rats (squirrels), and they are in the rodent family. That's one good cat you have.

This will probably make a few angry but SQUIRRELS ARE JUST RATS WITH BIG FLUFFY TAILS. They do extensive damage and I'm yet to find any redeeming qualities about them. They have recently decided that cushions on our patios chairs needed to be destroyed.

My 2 cents worth.

Rick

I feed the squirrels corn, not currently. There are some pretty big fat ones around. I was getting worried with so many around that they may try to get in the house or a building, it looks like the cat is working on that problem. Baby squirrels look like rats. I found 3 earlier this year. Here is a picture of one.

Will you take $100.

Dale

$125 is the best i can do;)

Joe

I have had cats catch snakes and rabbits. I saw our one cat pounce on a 5' or 6' long black snake.

I saw a cat catch a squirrel in our back yard this Spring. There were 5 or 6 turkeys in the yard, which may have been a distraction, and a couple of squirrels. The cat stalked the squirrel very, very slowly until it got close enough to pounce on it. The squirrel didn't have a chance. The cat no sooner got the squirrel, when another cat came over and took the squirrel away from him and trotted off to the neighbor's yard.

Sounds like the one cat was smart and let the other one do all the work.

/ Cat vs Squirrel #20  
94BULLITT;3505733 Sounds like the one cat was smart and let the other one do all the work.[/QUOTE said:
The second cat worked for the IRS.

:)

Bruce

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2015 Ford F150 XL (A33526)
2015 Ford F150 XL...
2 Yard plastic dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
2 Yard plastic...
4 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
4 Yard steel end...
Harrowgator (A33041)
Harrowgator (A33041)
AGT H12R Mini Excavator (A33526)
AGT H12R Mini...
2020 John Deere 5065E (A33526)
2020 John Deere...