Cat UTV

/ Cat UTV #1  

crashz

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501, JD LT150, DR Field Mower
I have an excellent opportunity to buy a Cat CUV82 (gas) that I know the history on. In fact, my crew has it on rental now and it was brand new when delivered. 250hrs on it now. Price is almost half of new and has a bunch of accessories already.

I also have a father who is just starting to feel his 74 years. So I've decided to buy it for him for Christmas and I'll bring my Dad on a little road trip to go get it.

I've never really followed the ATV or UTV market so I'm sure the folks here know more about these. Seems like Cat is relatively new to the market (Textron makes them for Cat), but get good reviews.

I'm curious to see what the members think of these rigs and if you have any tips / maintenance recommendations. I'm going to service it right away when we pick it up.

Attachments

• CUV82.jpg
    CUV82.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 207
   / Cat UTV #3  
Interesting. Textron also makes Cushman, EZ-GO, Jacobsen, Arctic Cat.

/ Cat UTV #4  
Textron picked up Arctic Kat maybe two years ago, initially they rebranded the Arctic Cat UTVs and side by sides Textron, but that didn’t go over so well, so the original name was brought back.

Prior to the acquisition, they had another SXS line, but it seems that it’s easier to get market share by buying an existing company than by building a new distribution network.

Arctic Cat UTVs and SxS products were generally not thought as highly of as the Polaris, Kawasaki, Yamaha, and Yamaha products. Hope that is changing. Competition and a cash infusion helps.

/ Cat UTV
They seem durable and powerful, but not at all racing machines. Perfect for my father. Ruffdog - yes, the its the Chery engine. When I looked at the spec and saw Chery I read it as "Chevy".

Just purchased the rig and purchased the service kit.

/ Cat UTV #6  
That's cool to have just for the name alone!

I had forgot all about these. They are still making them?

/ Cat UTV
They are but not all dealers carry them. Ohio Cat does. Our local Cat dealer has never seen one. I went to pick up the service kit and it was being shipped from the factory, so its taking a little while to get here.