case 580B CK backhoe as a front loader

/ case 580B CK backhoe as a front loader #1  

HankStains

Tractor
Fordson Super Major, Massey 835-DS, Energic 521, John Deere 420, Case 580B CK
Hi Y'all. I have a case 580B CK backhoe which works great albeit a bit cumbersome. I have other tracked excavators so don't really need the backhoe BUT it is a great front loader. Mostly just move stuff around the farm and small building jobs so it doesn't get used really and is just sitting there...Shame.

My idea is to remove the boom and bucket/arm etc. and leave the jacks etc. (for the weight) and just use it as a front loader. Removal from the kingpin and join the hoses flow to return, this would make it way more useable.

Anyone got any ideas why this won't work.

Anyone else done it.

Wouldn't take much to fit it back on if I needed it.

See picture and tell me what you think.

Cheers

Hank

Attachments

• backhoe 01.jpg
    backhoe 01.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
  • backhoe 02.jpg
    backhoe 02.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
  • backhoe 03.jpg
    backhoe 03.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 91
   / case 580B CK backhoe as a front loader #2  
Case offered the unit without the backhoe as a loader/ utility tractor. It usually included a very large counter balance weight.

/ case 580B CK backhoe as a front loader #3  
Nothing wrong with what you're planning other that it will most likely be light on the rear.

I would keep the backhoe on even if you don't use it. It will provide the necessary counter weight for when using the front loader.

Slide it all the one to one side and fold it. Should make for a very compact counter weight.

Like this:

case-580k.jpg

/ case 580B CK backhoe as a front loader #4  
Keep the hoe on it!!!!!! dont ask how I know!!!! LOL!!!

/ case 580B CK backhoe as a front loader #5  
Keep the hoe on it!!!!!! dont ask how I know!!!! LOL!!!
Yep, on my similar sized 550 If you remove the hoe Ford manual demands FOUR 1000 lb weights be attached to the backhoe mount for safety.