Car Accident Question

/ Car Accident Question #21  
......and 6 or 7 sources of pollution. Fuel, tranny fluid, anti-freeze, engine lubricant, battery acid and lead. (Abandoned vehicles everywhere here in Oswego County).:cry:
What the heck does that rambling have to do with this post or the conversation?

/ Car Accident Question #22  
I am glad she is ok. I am sure she may be nervous about getting back on the road, especially in a different car. When you rent, be sure to add ALL the insurance they offer, even if you must pay extra for it. Best Wishes.
Make sure you don't do this until or unless you check. Insurance through a rental agency is often a scam. My insurance covers me whatever I am driving. Check your coverage. The other company will not likely cover you adding needlessly to the cost of the rental. Also, rent something similar to damaged vehicle (as close as possible)

I would not contact my own insurance company when the other party is clearly at fault. Maybe if I was getting the run-around. Not sure how true it is, but I was told early on that it could negatively affect your future rates as your insurance company is spending their money to process a claim on another person/company. As others have mentioned, differences by state and company are rampant with insurance.

/ Car Accident Question #23  
What the heck does that rambling have to do with this post or the conversation?
I don't think that he'd like a list of all of the toxics I emit over the course of a day... :eek:

/ Car Accident Question #25  
That was quick! 👍

/ Car Accident Question #26  
Be careful on what the insurance company comes up with for a settlement. I had a vehicle totaled and they couldn't find an equivalent comparison so they went with a lesser vehicle for comparison. I challenged that by hiring my own appraiser and ended up with an extra $2k. Of course it made the insurance company mad and they threatened me but it's all in the original insurance contract that I was allowed to challenge the settlement. I suspect it might have been the particular agent. I'm still with the same insurance company and don't have any issues with them.

/ Car Accident Question #27  
The issue here is finding a rental ad it is just that tight.

Pregnant MD Sister in Law T-Boned by college student texting driving mom's car with insurance from out of state...

Brother was spending was to much time on this from value of her car, rental, lost wages, hospital... etc.

To make it worse the at fault driver's insurance company did not want to speak with my brother even though he was listed on title.

So my brother, who is not a lawyer or a law background filed their own lawsuit and then had the insurance company calling him but with low offer and even sending a check which was not cashed but returned

Insurance wanted to settle for pennies on the dollar and brother dug in...

Said he had weeks of unused vacation and looking forward to court with jury trail.

It was settled for full amount in the hallway the morning trail to start...

My take is everything comes down to how far a person or agent or company is willing to go...

/ Car Accident Question #28  
I was in an accident, other drivers fault. My car was totaled. While still in shock I rented a car and did not notice that they added all the unneeded insurance to the contract. Somewhere in the process I found that the other insurance company was not responsible to pay for those insurance charges, but would provide a rental for up to two weeks??. We bought a new car in two days. I submitted the bills and the other insurance company paid without any problems. I think someone saw the common sense of paying for a two day overpriced rental, vs a 2 week authorized rental.

Doug in SW IA

/ Car Accident Question #29  
Last week neighbor rear ended on bridge by truck in commute traffic.

Car totaled and neighbor had to be extracted but ok.

Went to rent a car and shocked at price and also would be delayed for several days.

Went car shopping and quickly learned MSRP I'm several months but needed car now...

One of the dealers had three with modified sticker that read MSRP plus market adjustment of 10% over MSRP and that is what they did...

/ Car Accident Question #30  
Make sure you don't do this until or unless you check. Insurance through a rental agency is often a scam. My insurance covers me whatever I am driving. Check your coverage. The other company will not likely cover you adding needlessly to the cost of the rental. Also, rent something similar to damaged vehicle (as close as possible)

I would not contact my own insurance company when the other party is clearly at fault. Maybe if I was getting the run-around. Not sure how true it is, but I was told early on that it could negatively affect your future rates as your insurance company is spending their money to process a claim on another person/company. As others have mentioned, differences by state and company are rampant with insurance.
Some credit cards used to have rental car insurance included.