Can a Zero Turn mow high weeds in a bumpy pasture?

/ Can a Zero Turn mow high weeds in a bumpy pasture? #31  
And he is only taking a half cut. So what, 30”? Some mowers are made for high capacity cutting, ZTRs are not.
Ya, and we went back the next day to cut it again at a normal height once all the ones that laid over had stood back up.

As I said, you can do it, but would you want to?

/ Can a Zero Turn mow high weeds in a bumpy pasture? #32  
Ya, and we went back the next day to cut it again at a normal height once all the ones that laid over had stood back up.

As I said, you can do it, but would you want to?

Nope 😂

And for the cost of a 48hp ZTR I could buy another tractor, attachment and a decent used car 😬

/ Can a Zero Turn mow high weeds in a bumpy pasture? #33  
I love my z turn, but I have better pieces of equipment to cut anything over 12 inches high. At that stage of growth, you are cutting hay, not turf.

I think your best bet is investing in a better suspension system for your tractor, and possibly a finish mower with a wider cut.

/ Can a Zero Turn mow high weeds in a bumpy pasture? #34  
I know about bumpy fields. I mow 50 acres of desert that has never been worked (leveled) every year and sometimes twice a year depending on how much moisture we have. I do that with my 6' rotary mower so it takes a while but unless I invest in a batwing anything wider could not handle the many dips and gullies. Best solution I've found is to really lower the air pressure in the tractor's tires - to where there is a very noticeable bulge in the tire sidewalls. Makes a huge difference.

Looks level? Believe me, its not. When I mowed with my old John Deere I used to stand up and use my legs as suspension!
P1120046rtbn5-3-24.jpg

/ Can a Zero Turn mow high weeds in a bumpy pasture? #35  
I know about bumpy fields. I mow 50 acres of desert that has never been worked (leveled) every year and sometimes twice a year depending on how much moisture we have. I do that with my 6' rotary mower so it takes a while but unless I invest in a batwing anything wider could not handle the many dips and gullies. Best solution I've found is to really lower the air pressure in the tractor's tires - to where there is a very noticeable bulge in the tire sidewalls. Makes a huge difference.

Looks level? Believe me, its not. When I mowed with my old John Deere I used to stand up and use my legs as suspension!
View attachment 865752

Why are you not cutting, windrowing and baling this, it's hay.

/ Can a Zero Turn mow high weeds in a bumpy pasture?
really lower the air pressure in the tractor's tires - to where there is a very noticeable bulge in the tire sidewalls. Makes a huge difference.
Can I do that with loaded tires? My rear tires are loaded with rimguard. If I remember correctly, recommended pressure is low, something like 10 pounds??

/ Can a Zero Turn mow high weeds in a bumpy pasture? #37  
Don't look like hay to me. Looks more like entertainment for stock with almost no nutritive value at all. Quality hay is about feed. That stuff is what I call mulch hay or IOW, junk.

/ Can a Zero Turn mow high weeds in a bumpy pasture? #38  

That is 90% mustardweed and the rest mainly cheatgrass. Both classified as noxious weeds. How much a ton are you willing to pay me for it?

Cattle won't eat mustard. The cheatgrass they will eat when it is very young, before it heads out. Once the heads are mature cheatgrass is awful stuff...the heads have microscopic barbs that allow it to go in but not be pulled out. It will penetrate jeans or the shoelaces on your boots. It will get in your dog's or your cows ears and cause all sorts of problems. Read this:

/ Can a Zero Turn mow high weeds in a bumpy pasture? #39  
My mower deck drive belt failed prematurely and the dealer speculated it was from mowing high grass. (Toro zero turn, but not commercial grade) Makes sense with heat buildup from extended mowing sessions. Expensive belt; pain to change it.