Cadplan 821 Digger

/ Cadplan 821 Digger #11  
Really nice work. Where did you get the hydraulic valve and the engine/hydraulic pump?

doh! I just went back and double-checked where you already answered that. Sorry. Never the less, it is a great looking tool

/ Cadplan 821 Digger #12  
It's a tool to me. My wife says it's just another toy. HUMPH! Anyway...it did quick work yankin' some 3" roots from her new garden area! It's a good machine for it's size. Still wish I'd have gone up one size. (But then, I'd probably wish I'd have gone up one size anyway....).

/ Cadplan 821 Digger #13  
<<If I did it over, I'd build the next size up. I also would like to increase the swing from the 120 degrees to something closer to 180. >>

I wonder if the fixed stabilizer design limits the swing arc. Not from a clearance standpoint, but from a working/clamping/stability standpoint. Any guesses?

/ Cadplan 821 Digger #14  
The 180 degree would probably be a bit excessive for the frame and horizontal arms of the stabilizer. It would sure put 100% of any loading on all the structure for that side. Another plate would be needed on the ground pad. One that would 'fight' the bucket in that direction. I find that the plates that sink in the ground should be deeper than what was in the original plans. They're only 4" I think. That's deep enough to let them slide through the sod layer. Doesn't give enough 'traction'. I'll be making some changes to the whole machine somewhere near the end of the year. Maybe a winter project. Still too busy using it right now. Just added three pics the aother day. Needed to remove a small infested willow tree. The 628 sure was up to this job.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/mrcaptainbob/lst?.dir=/dirt-digger&.view=t