Cab owners - How well does your A/C work?

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #11  
My JD 3720 works real well year round. It's been hot here (90+ degrees) and I haven't had to run the A/C on high.

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #12  
I have a JD 4520, and I would say it is not good enough. Heat side is excellent, a/c not so much. On a 90+ day when the sun is high (mid day) it is almost good, it will cool to a semi comfortable level, but wish it was cooler. When the sun gets lower (4 in the afternoon or so) and it is coming into the cab sideways, it sucks. No where close to good enough, very hot and sweaty in there. I have to keep the radiator area cleaned out, and the cab filter cleaned every few hours to have that level of comfort, if I don't it is unbearable. Also if I am doing loader work at slower engine speeds it is bad, but full throttle mowing it does slightly better. Tractor has been to the dealer a couple times and they say it is all as it should be. In my neck of the woods there are 4 other 4520-4720's that I know of, and the owners all have complaints with the a/c.

Brian

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #13  
Have a TN75DA New Holland first two weeks I had it used it to brush cut in 90-95 degree temps with very high humidity and had to turn it down off of the highest fan speed I was really impressed with the ac do not know about the heat yet.

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #14  
Both my Kubota M5040 and L4060 Cabs will freeze you out of the Cab..... the B3030 Cab which I used to own never did very well for me no matter how much time I spent cleaning the radiator, condensor, or eavp coil or replacing the cabin air filter..... not sure why?????

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #15  
2011 JD 5105M - Very comfortable. I'm in South Georgia, very hot and humid here. In the 90's regularly in the summer. Gotta love a cab tractor with A/C! It is very important to clean the filters to keep the A/C working well.

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #16  
have inside/outside thermometer plus very dark tinted windows. was 100 degrees also extremely humid one day couple weeks ago while mowing and I got an inside reading of 70 degrees on setting one. condensation on the steel frame outside and windows. Actually have to move vents so they don't blow on me. Tinted windows makes all the difference in the world with tractors with lots of glass.

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #17  
Kubota 7040's and run them on 2(they go to 4),thats all day baling and mowing.

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #18  
Speaking as an ex-designer/engineer of mobile A/C systems, every system designed for off road vehicles has additional restrictions put on it that other systems do not. Vehicle A/C system for over the road use have better airflow through condenser and less chance of clogging or getting dirty from operating environment. Evaporator sections are easier for over the road vehicles as well because even in using 100% fresh air in the cabin, the dusty, dirty , and downright awful environment seen by off road systems does not exist--or at least for very short duration(ie-dust storms, following a un-tarped trailer, etc). The A/C systems for most tractors are designed to maintain an air delivery into the cabin that at best will only drop the air temperature a maximum of 30-35 deg f. Note that is the incoming air temp to the evaporator-- not the ambient temp. Most systems are set up to have an option to use recirculated from the cabin to air in higher ambient and higher humidity environs. Most if not all off road systems are set up to have some fresh air introduction even in recirculate mode to keep the cabin pressurized and prevent infiltration of outside contaminants into the occupants/operators volume. For very severe environs an outside dust collection and filtration system may be required in addition to the regular A/C system filtration components. Religious attention to the cleaning and replacing of filters when needed is key to optimal operation of off road systems. Sometimes additional cleaning of evaporator system may be necessary if filtration fails or is compromised. Likewise for the condenser. Since most tractors are not moving at 20 mph or anywhere that fast when operating, the function of the engine fan, shroud and all inlet filter screens, baffles and seals in and around the condenser/radiator area are more important than ever. A single baffle or foam seal that is missing or removed and not replaced correctly can allow hot air from exhaust side of radiator to return in front of the condenser. Condensers are designed to operate effectively in at most a 120 deg ambient and engine radiator discharge air temp can reach 160 deg f quite easily. Plugging or blocking air passages in the condenser/radiator sections by grass seeds, chaff, or dirt can cause an otherwise satisfactory operating system to become in efficient. Remember, an A/C system just moves the heat from one volume to another--whatever heat is removed from the cabin area is dumped in the condenser to be removed by the air flowing across it.

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #19  
Speaking as an ex-designer/engineer of mobile A/C systems, every system designed for off road vehicles has additional restrictions put on it that other systems do not. Vehicle A/C system for over the road use have better airflow through condenser and less chance of clogging or getting dirty from operating environment. Evaporator sections are easier for over the road vehicles as well because even in using 100% fresh air in the cabin, the dusty, dirty , and downright awful environment seen by off road systems does not exist--or at least for very short duration(ie-dust storms, following a un-tarped trailer, etc). The A/C systems for most tractors are designed to maintain an air delivery into the cabin that at best will only drop the air temperature a maximum of 30-35 deg f. Note that is the incoming air temp to the evaporator-- not the ambient temp. Most systems are set up to have an option to use recirculated from the cabin to air in higher ambient and higher humidity environs. Most if not all off road systems are set up to have some fresh air introduction even in recirculate mode to keep the cabin pressurized and prevent infiltration of outside contaminants into the occupants/operators volume. For very severe environs an outside dust collection and filtration system may be required in addition to the regular A/C system filtration components. Religious attention to the cleaning and replacing of filters when needed is key to optimal operation of off road systems. Sometimes additional cleaning of evaporator system may be necessary if filtration fails or is compromised. Likewise for the condenser. Since most tractors are not moving at 20 mph or anywhere that fast when operating, the function of the engine fan, shroud and all inlet filter screens, baffles and seals in and around the condenser/radiator area are more important than ever. A single baffle or foam seal that is missing or removed and not replaced correctly can allow hot air from exhaust side of radiator to return in front of the condenser. Condensers are designed to operate effectively in at most a 120 deg ambient and engine radiator discharge air temp can reach 160 deg f quite easily. Plugging or blocking air passages in the condenser/radiator sections by grass seeds, chaff, or dirt can cause an otherwise satisfactory operating system to become in efficient. Remember, an A/C system just moves the heat from one volume to another--whatever heat is removed from the cabin area is dumped in the condenser to be removed by the air flowing across it.

Good write up ASTROENG2011, I agree with all points made.

/ Cab owners - How well does your A/C work? #20  
My Mahindra 4510 air is poor at best. In fact I removed the doors just so it was tolerable.