Bye Bye Squirrel

/ Bye Bye Squirrel #11  
I got a good laugh out of it and I am not an advocate of animal cruelty by any means. Id rather enjoy watching the critters I see out and about now I am older than mess with them.

I personally dont think that hurt the squirrel physically but it didn't show what happened other than the moon ride so hard to say? If he was injured I would not think it was funny at all.

They are like cats pretty tough overall and smart. I bet that rascal stayed away from the thrower at the least from then on. :laughing:

/ Bye Bye Squirrel #12  
How was it? And don't say just like chicken :laughing: I would think it would be clean meat judging by their natural diet.

JB, I don't guess I'd know how to describe squirrel meat. It's probably been 40 years since I ate any. Perhaps a little tougher and a little darker meat than rabbits. It seems that you always hear about squirrel stew or squirrel with dumplings, and I'm sure that's good, but my family always ate them cut up, dipped in beaten egg, then flour and fried. And yes, we skinned them out right over the head, and fried the head, too, unless it was damaged by being shot. Each cheek has a good bite of meat, and the brains were quite good, too. However, in recent years I've read of human physical ailments they think were caused by eating squirrel brains. So I reckon I'd pass on that now.

/ Bye Bye Squirrel #13  
How was it? And don't say just like chicken :laughing: I would think it would be clean meat judging by their natural diet.

Regarding the squirrel video...
I thought someone might cry cruelty, that was my first thought, but I'd be laughing like the guy in the video myself. I do have an old skeet launcher and an abundance of squirrels ;)

I have lived in harmony with them for ever, til last year some crazy rogue loner decided to chew my wire harness in my Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2 days in a row :mad:
I captured him the third day and put him to sleep with the muzzle of an air rifle to the front of his head and a BB to the brain. No problems since.

JB
OK...I'll bite (and likely receive flak). Actually, my tongue is sore from biting it while watching the thread. :)

I think other living beings have the same basic goals as us. They are just trying to live and be happy--and it is impossible to do so without interfering with others. I use animals for food and eliminate those that step over the line (such as damaging wiring above). But I realise they enjoy life too and try not to cause unnecessary stress.

I'm just stating another view.

Cheers

/ Bye Bye Squirrel #14  
Well sorry, but i didnt think that was funny video. I happen to like squirrels. So does my cat....their her favorite late nite snack :laughing:

/ Bye Bye Squirrel #15  
OK...I'll bite (and likely receive flak). Actually, my tongue is sore from biting it while watching the thread. :)

I think other living beings have the same basic goals as us. They are just trying to live and be happy--and it is impossible to do so without interfering with others. I use animals for food and eliminate those that step over the line (such as damaging wiring above). But I realise they enjoy life too and try not to cause unnecessary stress.

I'm just stating another view.

Cheers

Yeah, I felt a twinge of pity too. But couldn't help laughing my butt off...

/ Bye Bye Squirrel #16  
I didn't find it funny. I also don't think it hurt the squirel{??} Maybe I'm getting older but I like havin the litle guys around, they do more good then harm, atleast from what I've noticed. Caught them more then once killing mice in or cabin. Oh well to have that 12 yr old humor, those were the days.

/ Bye Bye Squirrel #17  
Doubtful that the squirrel was hurt. I've seen them fall from the tops of big trees without injury. They really are incredible athletes. The jumps they can do from tree to tree using little more than twig branches is just amazing!

/ Bye Bye Squirrel #18  
Funny but Maybe a little cruel, If they weren't injured then just funny, but I think there would be a good chance of them being injured.

I am still laughing though thinking about it :eek:

legally I think a squirrel falls in the rodent family, so I'm not sure there would be a law broken if there was injury. But I definitely wouldn't be posting the video, temping the backlash of animal rights folks. they can get pretty nasty.

An old guy had a court date for drowning a bag of kittens in a pond, a standard form of euthanization a couple of generations ago. man the animal rights people showed up and wanted him put away. they had to give him police protection!

JB

/ Bye Bye Squirrel #19  
Regarding the squirrel video...
I thought someone might cry cruelty, that was my first thought, but I'd be laughing like the guy in the video myself. I do have an old skeet launcher and an abundance of squirrels ;)

I have lived in harmony with them for ever, til last year some crazy rogue loner decided to chew my wire harness in my Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2 days in a row :mad:
I captured him the third day and put him to sleep with the muzzle of an air rifle to the front of his head and a BB to the brain. No problems since.

JB

It's got to be great!!! They ate most of my corn last year:mad: I need one of those things!

/ Bye Bye Squirrel #20  
Gotta wonder what the squirrel was thinking...ooohh this is gonner hurt. :)