BX2380 equivalent in John Deere

/ BX2380 equivalent in John Deere #1  

Tormos

Tractor
Cub Cadet
I am new to tractor shopping and am trying to do an apples to apples comparison with my local companies.

Which John Deere should I be comparing the Kubota BX2380 to? The 1023e or the 1025r? In my mind it seems like it would be the 1023, but every article and video online compares it to the 1025.

Thanks

/ BX2380 equivalent in John Deere #2  
May I ask what you're planning to do with your tractor? I have a BX2380. I don't have an answer to your question because I don't know anything about JD tractors (which I think are overpriced, particularly for the low end ones). If you've already decided to buy this size, however, best of luck to you in your tractor quest!

/ BX2380 equivalent in John Deere
May I ask what you're planning to do with your tractor? I have a BX2380. I don't have an answer to your question because I don't know anything about JD tractors (which I think are overpriced, particularly for the low end ones). If you've already decided to buy this size, however, best of luck to you in your tractor quest!
Mostly mowing, but also grading property/driveway and moving wood around.

/ BX2380 equivalent in John Deere #4  
Closest direct equivalent is the 1025R TLB.

/ BX2380 equivalent in John Deere #5  
I am new to tractor shopping. I am trying to do an apples to apples comparison with my local companies.

The fundamental importance of TRACTOR WEIGHT eludes many tractor shoppers. Tractor capability is more closely correlated to tractor weight than any other single (1) specification.

The most efficient way to shop for tractors is to first identify potential tractor applications, then, through consulataton, establish bare tractor weight necessary to safely accomplish your applications. Tractor dealers, experienced tractor owners and TractorByNet.com are sources for weight recommendations.

Sufficient tractor weight is more important for most tractor applications than increased tractor horsepower. Bare tractor weight is a tractor specification easily found in sales brochures and web sites, readily comparable across tractor brands and tractor models, new and used.

When considering a tractor purchase bare tractor weight first, tractor horsepower second, rear axle width third, rear wheel/tire ballast fourth.

Kubota BX2380

Dimensions
Wheelbase:55.1 inches
139 cm
Length:95.5 inches
242 cm
Width:45.1 inches
114 cm
Height (ROPS):83.1 inches
211 cm
Weight:1443 lbs
654 kg
Clearance (front axle):8.4 inches
21 cm
Front tread:36.6 inches
92 cm
Rear tread:

Five reasons owner/operators trade up from a Subcompact Tractor to a Compact category tractor.

More tractor weight.
More FEL lift capacity.
More ground clearance
Three-range (3) HST rather than two-range (2) HST.​
(Lower LOW, Higher, HIGH)​
Larger wheels and tires yield more tractive power pulling ground contact implements and logs, pushing a loader bucket into dirt and pushing snow. Larger wheels and tires permit heavier tractors to bridge holes, ruts and tree debris with less operator perturbation and implement bounce.

Last edited:
   / BX2380 equivalent in John Deere #6  
What are you comparing? Size of tractor? Weight? Horsepower? or features?

Because all 3 are basically the same size machine....same rear lift capacity.....same size rubber.....and same HP basically. And the two deere tractors use the same loader.

Now if you are comparing features and creature comforts I dont know how they are optioned. But I am sure that is the biggest difference in the deere's since one is an "E" model and the other is an "R" model.

Now the 1023 does seem to spec a little low on PTO HP....and the 1025 is a bit closer match to the BX in that regard. But gross engine HP between the 3 are all between 22.4-23.8HP (kinda crazy to squabble over 1/10th's of a HP)

/ BX2380 equivalent in John Deere #7  
A JD 1023e or 1025r would be the closest equivalent. Tractor Time With Tim can be found on YouTube and he has videos comparing them. It not really a fair comparison because the JD is a bigger machine, roughly 20% bigger than the Kubota.

I owned a Kubota BX 2350 for 10 years and currently own a John Deere 2025r. The JD I own is a larger version of a 1025r, same engine and end loader on a larger chassis. The BX I owned was a great machine but the small end loader bucket was what made me move up to the JD. Both are excellent tractors.

The price? Everyone says JD is overpriced. When I bought mine 4 1/2 years ago I assumed they would be overpriced. I was shocked at the discounts and bought. Covid and other factors seem to have changed prices and it seems prices for JD tractors may have increased as much as 50%. It’s not just the base price but the lack of discounts. The only way to find out is price them out.

/ BX2380 equivalent in John Deere #8  
The fundamental importance of TRACTOR WEIGHT eludes many tractor shoppers. Tractor capability is more closely correlated to tractor weight than any other single (1) specification.
I dont think tractor weight is on anyones mind nor is it a "fundamental importance"when looking at buying a oversized garden tractor that weighs 1300-1400 lbs. Otherwise they would be looking at something that weighs more than just a few hundred pounds over a good lawn mower or zero-turn.
Compact and utility tractors....sure weight is important. But for the SCUT/garden tractor market....weight is a bad thing when you are treading on a nice lawn

/ BX2380 equivalent in John Deere #9  
But for the SCUT/garden tractor market....weight is a bad thing when you are treading on a nice lawn
This is exactly why I don’t mow with my baby Kubota. It’s great for little jobs around the place and especially in the garden but I regret not getting turf tires on it.

/ BX2380 equivalent in John Deere #10  
Mostly mowing, but also grading property/driveway and moving wood around.

I would shop in the category of Compact Tractors. Those weighing around 2,000 pounds bare weight. If you intend to mow with a mid-mount-mower you will need a model that retains a front PTO shaft. If you intend to use a less expensive Three Point Hitch Finish Mower you will not need the front PTO shaft.

If you have more than five (5) acres to work with your tractor you may or may not wish to consider one increment heavier in Compact Tractors over the 'B' Series.

Last edited: