BX23 battery location

/ BX23 battery location #1  

knelson

Tractor
Kubota BX23
Hi folks, I'm new to this site and am really enjoying it. You are all very helpful! I purchased a used Kubota BX23 and left the flashers running (all day) after plowing snow this morning. After sitting out all day in the cold, the left flasher is flashing every two seconds, and the switch is off. The battery is too low to turn the starter.....two questions since I don't yet have a manual:

1. Is the flashing left light some code for low battery?

2. Where is the battery located on the BX23?

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I'm looking forward to getting my manual.

/ BX23 battery location #2  
Sit in the seat as if your driving, now look at your toes. Do you see a black vented screen right there w/ maybe a knob to unscrew so as to remove the
screen?

Remove it and report back...:D

/ BX23 battery location #3  
Sorry to here the bad news about the dead battery but it is easy enough to get to it would be right in front of your feet when you are sitting in the seat it is a simple knob. Just unscrew it and the batter is right there. The experience with the blinking flasher I have had it was not a warning light it is because water got into the switch. I had the same problem when I left my machine out in a rain storm. What I did was when you take the batter out reach up and in plug the blinker switch pop the switch out take it in the house and let it dry out. I just put the switch face down on a towel for a day. I reinstalled it and made sure my machine stayed in the garage.

/ BX23 battery location
Artisan, thank you very much. I noticed that knob and even tried to twist it, but it was solidly frozen. I'll try it in the morning. Thanks much!

/ BX23 battery location
Thanks Aj10523, got it. Your suggestion of the possibility of a wet switch makes sense...it was a very wet and driving snowstorm that I was plowing through. I'll try your idea. Thanks again.

/ BX23 battery location #6  
Here are 2 words you need to remember, PB Blaster.

It is sold at home depot now, get a can and use it sparingly, I mean just get teh threads wet, no need to spray it all over. It is great stuff.

/ BX23 battery location #7  
Sit in the seat as if your driving, now look at your toes. Do you see a black vented screen right there w/ maybe a knob to unscrew so as to remove the
screen?

Remove it and report back...:D

Would this be the same for the BX25

/ BX23 battery location #8  
If your looking fo rthe battery, yes...
It is right between your legs behind that black panel, unscrew the hand screw and Viola!

/ BX23 battery location #10  
Voila - - - ain't that French for shazam?