Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #11  
What other dealers are close(r). There are several other brands with prices lower than RK for similar packages.

We welcome the opportunity to see any dealer of any brand that offers a comparably equipped tractor below our prices. If they were, they would be selling below cost.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #12  
What other dealers are close(r). There are several other brands with prices lower than RK for similar packages.

Please name a dealer in the Florida (Tampa) or surrounding areas who sells a 55 hp hydrostatic tractor with loader, cab, front and rear remotes for $30K.

Not trying to be confrontational, would love to have what RK offers for less $$, but I haven't been able to find it. The only brand that even comes close is the LS RX4155HC, and it's about $2k more with no remotes, radio, loaded tires, etc.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #13  
I checked pricing. Nothing comes close to the RK55 cab price and features-wise. Not even close.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King
Wow, thanks for all the replies guys. I thought this was going to be a simple discussion about how I'd go about making a warranty claim - didn't realize this was such a loaded issue! This definitely is putting me off to the idea of going with RK Tractors.

I really like the idea of the RK Tractor but I guess I need to wait until Rural King comes to the great state of NY. I started to research TYM because it would seem to be exactly the same machine. Contacted a local TYM dealer and the results were really interesting (see below):

You are going to have to start researching.. Go and check the brands that are local to you and that you might use for service and repairs first, No doubt you will find what you are looking for in one of the above brand tractors.. If you can't match the price of the RK which you may not be able to, you will find one that suits you're needs.. RK looks like they offer a lot for the money but what good is the savings if it's going to cost a fortune to get it repaired..

Are you a gambling man or a good mechanic or both?

Haha, I guess I'm just a guy that doesn't abuse my equipment and is used to fixing my own equipment with no support. It would be nice, of course, to have something that's backed by a warranty where I could get parts and service for free :D.

I've done a lot of research, but the off-brand (not green or orange) tractor selection is just overwhelming. So much out there competing for my attention it's hard to separate what's good quality and what's not. Add to that the pressure of travelling to lots of dealerships and you see why RK would look attractive.

Please name a dealer in the Florida (Tampa) or surrounding areas who sells a 55 hp hydrostatic tractor with loader, cab, front and rear remotes for $30K.

Not trying to be confrontational, would love to have what RK offers for less $$, but I haven't been able to find it. The only brand that even comes close is the LS RX4155HC, and it's about $2k more with no remotes, radio, loaded tires, etc.

You're right, I can't seem to beat that price in my research.

We welcome the opportunity to see any dealer of any brand that offers a comparably equipped tractor below our prices. If they were, they would be selling below cost.

I checked pricing. Nothing comes close to the RK55 cab price and features-wise. Not even close.

I found a local dealer that is selling a TYM T394H W/ CAB for 25k sticker price (RK sticker price = 25.5k), and a TYM T394H w/o cab for 21k (RK sticker price = 22k). @RK Tractor Guy are there some features in TYM vs RK or something that I'm missing?

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #15  
Were they BOTH optioned the same? Same amount of remotes ect..? Was one old stock??

SR

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King
Were they BOTH optioned the same? Same amount of remotes ect..? Was one old stock??

SR

Looked almost the same. Same number of remotes. Doesn't seem like old stock but I can't tell. The only difference I've found so far is rimguard in the RK Tractor and no Rimguard in the TYM. Otherwise, seems almost exactly equal. I think the backhoes from the dealer might now have the mechanical thumb, but I didn't include those in my comparison.

Either way, it's super close which is reason enough not to risk a 4-5 hour drive for service.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #17  
Looked almost the same. Same number of remotes. Doesn't seem like old stock but I can't tell. The only difference I've found so far is rimguard in the RK Tractor and no Rimguard in the TYM. Otherwise, seems almost exactly equal. I think the backhoes from the dealer might now have the mechanical thumb, but I didn't include those in my comparison.

Either way, it's super close which is reason enough not to risk a 4-5 hour drive for service.

If you're interested in the TYM cabbed version, I would double check to make sure A/C is included and not an additional pricey option. I can't see why they wouldn't include it standard, but the way the website reads makes it sound as if it isn't.

"The T394 CAB model comes standard with full heat and a new and improved air filtration system. The T394 is available in cabin models that have full A/C and heat."

Also, this may not be high on your priority list, but I saw no mention of a radio. That one is a must have for me.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #18  
Sorry if this has been addressed a lot already in these forums, but I haven't found it.

I'm really interested in purchasing a Rk24 or Rk37 tractor.

OP made no mention of the 55. They did mention the 24 which is comparable to the LS MT125.

I have no interest in cabs, AC or a radio. I haven't had the radio on in my car in over 10 years.

/ Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #19  
OP made no mention of the 55. They did mention the 24 which is comparable to the LS MT125.

Ok, I'll bite - what's the MT125 price vs. the RK24? How about with a backhoe? I've only priced cabbed tractors in the RK37 and RK55 power range, and as other posters have stated, there is no other brand out there that offers the same amount of features of those two tractors at the same price point. Not in my area anyway.

EDIT: I missed the price you listed earlier in the thread. Sounds like you got a great deal on your MT125.

I have no interest in cabs, AC or a radio. I haven't had the radio on in my car in over 10 years.

Thanks for letting me know your requirements in a tractor and radio listening habits (or lack thereof). The OP mentioned a cab, and those two options (radio, A/C) come standard on the RKs, but not on some other brands, so it's a valid point to consider when shopping for a cabbed tractor.

Guess what. I haven't listened to my radio in over ten years as well. But I do hook my phone via Bluetooth to my truck stereo and listen to audio books, which is the same thing I'll do in the RK tractor once I purchase one. Which brings up another point, the RK stereo comes with Bluetooth, while the optional radio (yes extra $$) offered in the LS cabs does not.

Last edited:
   / Buying RK Tractor for those who don't live near Rural King #20  
Sorry if this has been addressed a lot already in these forums, but I haven't found it.

I'm really interested in purchasing a Rk24 or Rk37 tractor. It seems like what I can get for the price point (with backhoe, 4x4, and loader) is substantially better ($5-7k acquisition cost) than what I can find from JD or Kubota. Not only that, I would get many more features for the price and what appears to be a much better machine overall. I understand that resale won't be as good for the RK Tractor, but I don't care all that much - I'd rather have the best tractor for me, not somebody else.

I don't think you would have a problem getting RK to ship parts to you. What you wouldn't have is the ability to have them show up to service the tractor or a place nearby that you could take it for service. That only becomes important if something big goes wrong. You are used to wrenching on the Oliver so routine service needs shouldn't be a problem.

As far as price goes, I've gotten quotes from my local Kioti/LS dealer that are competitive with RK (at least for the open station models), but everyone else is quite a bit higher. A TYM dealer should also be able to get close as well. All the major players were substantially higher. I've looked at Deere, Kubota, New Holland, Massey Ferguson and Mahindra and haven't convinced myself they are worth the premium. That $5,000 extra that the green alternative costs would pay for a backhoe on the RK24, or buy the grapple and a new brush hog. ...and have some left over to put toward a trailer to haul it on.