Buying a Tractor

/ Buying a Tractor #31  
Rowski, your right on target with the weather swings. Don't forget the hills/mountains. It's one thing to operation a piece of equipment on the flats, it's another to operate on one of our New England sidehills where weight,stability and a low center of gravity are very important elements to consider when choosing the right tractor. I would be interested in the phone number for your NH dealer in Champlain NY. Thanks

/ Buying a Tractor
dwarren, I did forget the mountains (are there any hills in VT?!). The voice # is 518-298-5381 fax 518-298-8041. Ask for Mike Bechard. It's a family business two brothers and a father plus plus the employees in the repair dept. I'm pretty close to closing a deal with them, hopefully this week. If you want to you can mention my name Derek Saborowski or Lutz's auto (busniness expense:)!!) I was there a week ago and they had 2 small boomers, 2 medium boomers and 1 large boomer (tc45), 2 1920's and 2 2120's. The 2120 is what I am intersted in. I drove kubota with hst transmission, a large boomer with HSS, and a 1720 (which is similar only smaller to the 2120). I really think you can not go wrong with either color (blue or orange). I didn't even look at green due to what seems was\is. alot of trouble with there 4000 series line and also having a hard time getting the RIGHT part for garden tractor (this may be a dealer proplem) I just do not need to deal with it I don't have enough hours in a day.
I forgot to mention my brother-in-law bought a 1720 with loader from the guy in NY saved 2-3k plus sales tax compared to the ford dealer in Burlington. Later......

/ Buying a Tractor #33  
Rowski,
Thanks for the tip and the phone number. I think I'll take a little drive this weekend.

/ Buying a Tractor
Just passing through and saw the discussion re Mark et al's question as to who makes the engines for New Holland, I thought y'all might find this interesting. It comes from tractorco.com

Q. Who are the original manufacturers of compact tractors?
A. John Deere = Yanmar
Ford/New Holland = Shibuara
Cub Cadet = Mitsubishi
Case = Mitsubishi
Kioti = Daedong
Massey Ferguson = Iseki (also Hinomoto)
Zen-Noh = Kubota
Bolens = Iseki

Don't shoot the messenger.......

/ Buying a Tractor #35  
That information was most interesting Cyndi,and now when my friends give me little rough time about my mircowave engine so they call it :eek:) compare to there engine, I just forward your information.

Some of the companies who builds these engine also have ther own tractor on the market.

Have a safe weekend.

Thomas..NH

/ Buying a Tractor #36  
Great info thanks---but where does my Kubota fall in at-----oh thats right they make their--OWN--engines they don't use the lowest bidder like most other tractor companies do.

/ Buying a Tractor #37  
Cyndi - Thanks! That's good information to have posted here. You forgot one:

Kubota = Kubota

/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Mark

/ Buying a Tractor #38  
Gordon,

You must be right! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif I heard from my mother's neighbor's son's next door neighbor's grandmother's third cousin on her father's side of the family that New Holland and John Deere used to have engines from all of the companies that Cyndi listed! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

WAKE UP GORDON, have you had your coffee yet? These companies have long term relationships with each other!

CNH, The largest manufacturer of agricultural equipment in the WORLD, makes New Holland! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Have a GREAT day, JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Buying a Tractor #39  
Yeah, Kubota makes their own engines and a great engine it is! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Buying a Tractor #40  
Wen.
I'll shall agree that Kubota has done there home work on there engines,for I haven't had one problem with the engine since I purchase my Kubota !!

Hope you get some much needed rain down there in Texas.

Have a fine long weekend.

Thomas..NH