Buying a Tractor

/ Buying a Tractor #41  
JimBinMI

Wonder if CNH would drop compacts all together if it would help their bottom line?

/ Buying a Tractor #42  
Why thank you Jim, you heard from all those people that quick thats remarkable.
CNH is the largest but is the largest always the best? Or to them the bottom line is the dollar sign. Jim you have yourself a blue day./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Sounds to me like I struck a blue Nerve /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Gordon

/ Buying a Tractor #43  
Wen,

So, if Kubota was losing money you think that they would stay in business just for their loyal customers?

Sounds like we need a lesson in Econ 101!

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Buying a Tractor #44  
Gordon,

You're right, for I sit here scalded and corrected!
I forgot that Kubota corporation is not in business to make money, just to keep you, their loyal customer satisfied! I bet you're flying to Japan later to have dinner with the company president too!

Have fun on your trip, JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Buying a Tractor #45  
JimBinMI,

You really should go to the Kubota Japanese Web site. They have an extreme allegiance to the EARTH including uses and pollution. They developed engines that prompted the CARB specifications when others said it could not be done - that diesels could not be made clean air burning. Their products are well divesified and only aimed at NECESSARY products. A very interesting corporate philosophy. I would imagine that Kubota will be broke right after the Country of Japan. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Buying a Tractor #46  
Jim your a hoot you make me laugh. It's the ceo not the president I'm having dinner with---duh.

Did you know that they make blue grease?? I used some on the backhoe this morning if you want the brand I can go look if you would like.

I won't have fun on the trip because its alot of airplane time just for some raw fish heads and rice. But they might give me a free hat you never know.

Jim you and I both know every business is in it for the money just some conduct themselves different than others alittle more class I should say. Not going out buying up every tractor maker possible. Isn't there a game that is like that only you use houses and hotels to win?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Buying a Tractor #47  
Have the 2710. Very agile on hills and around trees w/ belly mower. Very surprised. Got the turf tires. Ocassionaly have to use 4wd on wet hills. Zero problems with indentations on the lawn, wet or dry, sand or even peat (dents, but comes back). Neighbors old Duetch leaves trences with R4's. No experience with snow as yet (Michigan), but dealer said get f. chains--forget the rear--and will do just fine plowing. I'm sure the 2710 will do everything you need

Found the K pricing superior to NH around here for same features. Good luck.

/ Buying a Tractor #48  
M. Sullivan,

Just curious, where in Michigan did you find K prices/features better than NH? I'm in south-central and found NH prices/features better in Charlotte and Coldwater.

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Buying a Tractor
I'm very surprised that the engine discussions have not keyed in on the differences between Indirect Injection (IDI) and Direct Injection (DI). The Green 4000 Series (higher models) have DI.

JayD

/ Buying a Tractor #50  
Do a search on indirct injection. There is a thread on here dealing with it. Kubota builds both, so take your choice. Have noticed that they are not building more indirect injections systems. The JD is direct and in the 5210 series they were having some problems with the engines not running very smooth until they warm up. The dealer told me they started having the problem when they had to meet the more stringent CARB air pollution requirements.

Sorry, but I have had both, and can tell no difference. The one I have now is indirect injections, it runs well, gets excellent diesel milage, and doesn't smoke like the last tractor I had. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif