Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series?

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #22  
They mow better, they travel better..... but with the bucket, the Powertrac is superior... the stump grinder is superior.... as is the other with their implements .... Mower is the weakest point but they are average. I would ask them on the forum on Powertrac to give a little help on your decision..... jim

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #23  
They mow better, they travel better..... but with the bucket, the Powertrac is superior... the stump grinder is superior.... as is the other with their implements .... Mower is the weakest point but they are average. I would ask them on the forum on Powertrac to give a little help on your decision..... jim

Are you referring to the PT or Ventrac stump grinder as being the better of the two? I’ve been looking for a used Ventrac stump grinder now for awhile but they are not cheap.

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #24  
Thank you Jim. I've made a deposit on the Steiner so I'll go ahead with that. I'll know by next year if I Steiner is workingfor me.

Again, I didn't see a snow or leaf blower, Or a cab in powertrac list. All of them are essential to me specially in winter.

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #25  
A 48" snow blower is 3300.00 for a 425 powertrac.... what engine did you get in the Steiner?..... jim

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #26  
Are you referring to the PT or Ventrac stump grinder as being the better of the two? I’ve been looking for a used Ventrac stump grinder now for awhile but they are not cheap.

The PT, when you jam it up you can reverse it, plus you can set it up to throw the chips either way and you don't need that stupid mirror ..... I like the Steiner better also ..... jim

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #27  
A 48" snow blower is 3300.00 for a 425 powertrac.... what engine did you get in the Steiner?..... jim

420 comes with a 10 yo Briggs vanguard 23HP serviced all along by reputable dealer. He said Steiner is starting to put vanguards in their new models including 450

im the person who started the Briggs thread couple of weeks ago.

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #28  
I had a 450 with a Vangard and it lost oil pressure on the hills I mow...... jim

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #29  
I had a 450 with a Vangard and it lost oil pressure on the hills I mow...... jim
Like about 15% degrees like the word around? How would it be different w a kohler or a kubota diesel or an onan? 17 degrees? 20 degrees?

but I appreciate knowing how serious the tilt angle issue is. I wasn't concerned before as I thought it would have to be sustained climb over a period of time before it became an issue.

/ Buy 3400L or wait for 4000 series? #30  
It says in the specs that Steiner can climb up almost 31%, or about 58% grade.
may I ask which was the engine in it that withstood a 31% tilt?
so far, all the Steiner engines I've heard about stop working above about a 20 degree angle.