Differences? Steiner 450 vs Ventrac 4500?

/ Differences? Steiner 450 vs Ventrac 4500? #1  

ShadyHill

Tractor
Walker MT
Looking at newer machines, can anyone help me understand if there are any major differences between the Steiner 450 platform and the Ventrac 4500 line?

Basically, is there anything that one can do that the other can't with the same attachment? Do the current Steiner's accept all the Ventrac attachments? Does the Steiner offer the same capability in the 3 point hitch? Does the Ventrac grass catcher fit the Steiner

The reason I ask is that is seems like relatively new Steiner's are easier to find without cabs and implements that I don't want.

I do want: snowblower, bucket with grapple and mower, maybe forks and grass catcher.

/ Differences? Steiner 450 vs Ventrac 4500? #2  
Sorry to say this. Having an older Steiner, and the newer machines are larger, but the reach and low lift height of the regular front, would make it as good as useless for a bucket and grapple. IMO. Are you talking about a loader though?

The machines are probably quite similar in design, size and quality. I would go with the closest dealer for brand. As far as I know, MOST attachments are interchangeable. Maybe newer attachments for the larger machines might not be well suited for older smaller machines. Also ones with electrical/hydraulic controls would have to be adapted.

/ Differences? Steiner 450 vs Ventrac 4500? #3  
Having had both, the Steiner is a little more crude than the Ventrac. it seems the Steiner is stronger on the hydraulics than the Ventrac.... As far as the three point hitch, I have it but it isn't used much and near worthless.... The Ventrac mower deck is way better than the Steiner and the one with the hydraulic for tilting it up is a winner hands down. Steiners Stump grinder beats Ventrac and you don't need the stupid mirror. Never used a grappler on the new power bucket but the older Ventrac bucket dug better than the new one.
The Ventrac is easier to run with all the controls for one hand, Steiner you need your foot for forward and reverse but it was always a little hard to use...... jim

/ Differences? Steiner 450 vs Ventrac 4500?
Thanks guys. I'll keep looking...