Busted bellhousing on Kubota B series

/ Busted bellhousing on Kubota B series #21  
The deciding thing will be if the crank is wallered out, beyond fitting a new t/o brg in there. If salvagable, i'd get a new/used input shaft and fix/weld the (pressed steel?) bellhousing.

/ Busted bellhousing on Kubota B series #22  
I have used one of those Kats magnet oil pan heaters in the past to warm things up before welding , if it still isn't hot then i hit it with a torch . A lot cheaper that using a torch the whole time .
animal

/ Busted bellhousing on Kubota B series #23  
I have used one of those Kats magnet oil pan heaters in the past to warm things up before welding , if it still isn't hot then i hit it with a torch . A lot cheaper that using a torch the whole time .
animal
I've used the bbq grill for preheat. Did the welding right on the grill (with the flame off)

/ Busted bellhousing on Kubota B series #25  
Hope it was cheap because you are gonna have a bundle in it, parts and time.
I would sell it for parts and start over.

/ Busted bellhousing on Kubota B series #27  

That’s about when I was thinking to be honest. Those old b series aren’t worth a lot when they’re working and this one needs expensive repairs. If it was a vehicle there wouldn’t be any question to total it.

/ Busted bellhousing on Kubota B series
Hope it was cheap because you are gonna have a bundle in it, parts and time.

That’s about when I was thinking to be honest. Those old b series aren’t worth a lot when they’re working and this one needs expensive repairs. If it was a vehicle there wouldn’t be any question to total it.
I must agree Kubota isn't much but I bought this with eyes open. I sold some mickey mouse implements that came with it for almost as much as I paid for the lot and still have tractor,fel and 3 point mower. Quit? Give up? Not unless I can't find a way to fix it for less than $500 and 10 or 12 hours. Were I to buy a new one relying on it to earn it's keep that might be reason for concern. Thanks but some of us need challenges to keep us happy.

/ Busted bellhousing on Kubota B series #29  
I must agree Kubota isn't much but I bought this with eyes open. I sold some mickey mouse implements that came with it for almost as much as I paid for the lot and still have tractor,fel and 3 point mower. Quit? Give up? Not unless I can't find a way to fix it for less than $500 and 10 or 12 hours. Were I to buy a new one relying on it to earn it's keep that might be reason for concern. Thanks but some of us need challenges to keep us happy.
At the end of the day what matters is if you fixed the bell housing and how you did it. So please let us know when you fix it. I'm rootin' for ya.
Eric

/ Busted bellhousing on Kubota B series #30  
I'd be doing the same thing, I'd enjoy the challenge. As etpm said, make sure you let us know what you eventually do and document the process with pics.