Busted bellhousing on Kubota B series

/ Busted bellhousing on Kubota B series #41  
Thanks gentlemen for the encouragements and suggested procedures. It's too hot for torches and such so I'll be in the land of midnight sun for several days. They didn't have Stoody products locally so I went online. Some pretty interesting products I'd never heard of so I bought some I would like to have tried at one time or another.
Stoody isn't a cheap date. I use the 045 solid wire flux core, gas shielded hard wire for hardfacing my skid shoes on my disc bine as well as the removable skid shoes on both my Landpride shredders. It's good wire feed hard rod and much easier to work with than Ground engaging SMAW hard rod because there is no preheating (hard rod SMAW has to be pre heated to 350-400 degrees and ran hot). No need with the Stoody and it's a bit less cost wise than the Lincoln Electric wire and / or SMAW rod too. I'm kind of partial to Lincoln Electric products and all the LE rod and wire is made in Euclid, Ohio, where I grew up and I've been in the plant on may occasions, good folks there and they do a bang up job as well, but the bottom line is Stoody is less and it's a consumable, not a welding machine after all and I've had excellent results with Stoody. Just make sure the surfaces are clean, bright and oil or grease free. I suggest sanding, or wire brushing and if there is already spatter to needle scale it first. Finally, clean everything with NON-CHLORONATED spray brake cleaner, thoroughly and let it dry off by evaporation. Don't wipe it off.

After all the discourse about what the B'housing was made of, I had a brain fart and forgot about just spark testing the material with a grinding disc. CI will produce one colored spark, CS will produce another and formed and drawn steel will produce another spark, all different colors and all of varying intensity. Don't have the chart handy here, but I have it in the shop and it's readily available online as well.