Buried Fence

/ Buried Fence #1  

txvrod

Tractor
Mahindra 1538HST Cabin
Over the years the bottom run of barb wire fence, around the hay field, has been buried by the dirt in some spots. There is a ridge of dirt just under and into the bottom row of the barb wire. I am sure this is from repeatedly cutting of the hay and working the dirt next to the fence.

Any ideas on the best way to clean this out? Maybe take a blade angled out from the fence and drag on both sides? I think this would probably not be immediate resolution but may help over time.

Any thoughts? Anyone else had this problem and corrected it? Wouldn't worry about it but the dirt build up is causing the bottom run to rust and break.

/ Buried Fence #2  
I've been living on my little piece of property about 2 years. I had exactly the same thing. I ended up pulling that strand off and re-setting it higher. Then I got tired of the ground being uneven around it so I pulled the whole fence and graded the whole area with the dozer.... I'll put it back when the house is finished.

/ Buried Fence
Thanks, not sure I want to go to that extreme! Would be nice to level the land back out.

/ Buried Fence #4  
Just moving the bottom run up high enough to run your cutter under it would be a huge improvement. The area I did was less than 600' and it was right on the road. When I raised up the bottom row I ran my mower deck under it and it worked fine. It pushed down the high spot for the most part. The reason I pulled the fence and graded was because it was really rutted on the road side and caused the deck to scalp on one side and be too high to even touch the grass on the other side.