Bucket Hooks with D-Rings

/ Bucket Hooks with D-Rings #1  

Alan46

Veteran Member
Tractor
KiotiCK25 HST
Has anyone bought and used this product from Amazon?
IMG_5610.png

2 Pack 3/8" Tractor Bucket Hooks with D Ring - Max 15,000 lbs Grade 70 Forged Steel Bolt On Grab Hook for Tractor Bucket Accessories for Kubota, John Deere, Kiot, RV, UTV, Truck, Orange​

Brand: Octomo
4.2 4.2 out of 5 stars 73 ratings

50+ bought in past month

Prime Big Deal

-20% $39.99
Typical price: $49.99

/ Bucket Hooks with D-Rings #2  
I'd want to take a look at how well they are made, but I do like the idea of using a 3/8" grade 70 grab hook plus having ample bolts with lock nuts, and a backing plate.

Not so sure what the function of the other piece "D-ring?" is - it looks questionable to me. Why make it pointed in the middle? But if used for no more than a low stress tie point for a rope to hold branches and light loads in the bucket it sure does beat the common practice of tying off to the cylinder end mount or such...

On my own tractor I admit I like to have dedicated places on each side of the bucket to hook a rope. Not to be used for pulling or much stress, but just for holding odd shaped things in the bucket... branches, oil barrels, things like that.
What I use for that is a metal sail boat cleat. Again, with a backing plate.
For that duty, I like the 4" and the 6" ones in this picture.

Which reminds me, there is someone - I forget who - on TBN who makes very nice bolt-on grab hooks for buckets. Apologies for not remembering... maybe someone knows.
rScotty

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 2.35.40 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 2.35.40 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 108
   / Bucket Hooks with D-Rings #3  
I'd want to take a look at how well they are made, but I do like the idea of using a 3/8" grade 70 grab hook plus having ample bolts with lock nuts, and a backing plate.

Not so sure what the function of the other piece "D-ring?" is - it looks questionable to me. Why make it pointed in the middle? But if used for no more than a low stress tie point for a rope to hold branches and light loads in the bucket it sure does beat the common practice of tying off to the cylinder end mount or such...

On my own tractor I admit I like to have dedicated places on each side of the bucket to hook a rope. Not to be used for pulling or much stress, but just for holding odd shaped things in the bucket... branches, oil barrels, things like that.
What I use for that is a metal sail boat cleat. Again, with a backing plate.
For that duty, I like the 4" and the 6" ones in this picture.

Which reminds me, there is someone - I forget who - on TBN who makes very nice bolt-on grab hooks for buckets. Apologies for not remembering... maybe someone knows.
rScotty
Ken's bolt on... i believe

/ Bucket Hooks with D-Rings #4  
I ordered the four 3/8 weld-on hooks for $15,,
I think welding on a hook will be easier than drilling eight holes,,

/ Bucket Hooks with D-Rings #5  
I ordered the four 3/8 weld-on hooks for $15,,
I think welding on a hook will be easier than drilling eight holes,,
But if welding, how do you attach a backing plate that does the same job as a bolted one?

/ Bucket Hooks with D-Rings #7  
But if welding, how do you attach a backing plate that does the same job as a bolted one?

I put "D" rings on my other loader bucket,,

VJNNguZ.jpg

No backing plates, it has never been an issue with this 10,000 pound tractor,,

ZtDSgCa.jpg

The hooks will go on my new loader,, I have a set of "D" rings, if I decide I need those, also.

The bucket top lip was bent before I got the tractor,,

/ Bucket Hooks with D-Rings #9  
I bought some lifting hooks from Ken's Bolt On's. He is very helpful and responsive about questions.

If you can operate a drill, you can mount his hooks.

Here is a link to his site: Home - BoltOnHooks LLC
Thanks!

And ours are Made in the USA, you can bet the Amazon stuff is from you-know-where.

I ordered the four 3/8 weld-on hooks for $15
Wow...no wonder US manufacturing is hurting.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Case 8850 Swather (A33041)
Case 8850 Swather...
Agri-x Shredder (A33041)
Agri-x Shredder...
6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...
Kubota M6S-111 (A33526)
Kubota M6S-111...
John Deere XUV865M (A33526)
John Deere XUV865M...
CHAIN SLING (A32908)
CHAIN SLING (A32908)