Rotary Cutter Brush hog size question

/ Brush hog size question #21  
Here another unit to look at and consider. The name brand Kodiak. This unit here is a nice heavy unit.

KodiakHDCutters.gif

The unit has a 90 H.p. Rated gearbox and the cleves Cat. 2 hitch. The unit has a 7 Gauge deck and a weight of 1200.00 lbs.

You can see more about at the link below.

Kodiak 6 Ft. Heavy Duty Rotary Cutter

This unit currently has 346 bonus points to customers that purchase the unit on line.

Thanks,

/ Brush hog size question #22  
before I got my howse.. i was a day away from getting a kodiak. construction looked very similar in quality and materials.

/ Brush hog size question #23  
I mounted a 6 foot unit on the front of my tractor, IE: on the loader attachment. The units are heavy and you have to make sure you can support all the weight out there. It does cut well and because it is one the front you can stick it into bushes of any height. I cut 9 foot berry bushes and smaller trees with the unit.

Jerry

/ Brush hog size question #24  
jchealey said:
I mounted a 6 foot unit on the front of my tractor, IE: on the loader attachment. The units are heavy and you have to make sure you can support all the weight out there. It does cut well and because it is one the front you can stick it into bushes of any height. I cut 9 foot berry bushes and smaller trees with the unit.

Jerry

Jerry, could you explain how you mounted this on your tractor? What is your FEL lift capacity? There have been a lot of threads on here asking about doing what you did and not many people have. I'd really be interested in hearing more about your setup! It could make a great topic if you started a thread of your own on the subject!

Pics are always nice too.