Brown Products Limb Trimmer

/ Brown Products Limb Trimmer #11  
A mile of driveway is not a driveway, it's a road that leads to your house. Mine is 1/4 mile with 38 Live Oak trees lining the drive. That's more that I care to keep up with using my pole saw.

/ Brown Products Limb Trimmer #12  
I have have a mile long driveway. Both sides lined with pines. I use a pole saw. Works great. Every year - up/down the driveway - cutting limbs back. You do have to keep up on it.
We cleared trails, all were given up my the forest service because they don't have the funding. This is in the northern hardwood forest is that helps any one. The last on we cleared was three miles long and sections covered from dead spruce killed from the bud worms. It took us 400+ hours that summer to get it reopened up again but today, we can get the freshly fallen dead spruce off in just a short day of clearig. Its light maintenance now. Here is photos of clearing that trail. 95% of the sawing was done via pole saw.
lake ste0928.jpg
pole saw Arly.jpg

/ Brown Products Limb Trimmer #14  
Pole saw is easier to do, better for the trees, looks nicer and less costly. :unsure:
This is where I sit on it. And I’ve stretched a lot of truth with the wife to justify some of my purchases 🤣

/ Brown Products Limb Trimmer #15  
I like the cutting part.

It’s the picking up and disposing of the cut limbs that I do not particularly like!

MoKelly
You need a grapple. Or a chipper. I chip mine on the spot and just direct the chips at the wood line, helps keep some of the weeds down.

/ Brown Products Limb Trimmer #16  
Dang I got dupped with the old dead thread gag🙄

/ Brown Products Limb Trimmer #17  
Have found no one tool can do it all. Hydraulic pole saw on tractor sure has made difference in helping to maintain miles of roads and fence lines. Makes many grapple loads in a few minutes.
123_1.jpeg
IMG_2188.jpeg

Had fun making this one. Didn’t know how useful it might be. Several on the market now. Low gpm hydraulic flow required. Helps to keep this old man out of the danger zone when trimming trees or breaking down blow-downs.

/ Brown Products Limb Trimmer #18  
I trim up the overhanging pine branches. It's related to a winter time thing. The overhanging pine limbs carry a really heavy snow load. My Kubota M6040 is open station. When we do get enough snow that I plow the driveway - it IS NOT a whole lot of fun - having a load of snow come crashing down on me as I plow past.

If I was located somewhere without snow - I would leave the overhanging limbs. It give a very nice "tunnel look" to the driveway.

/ Brown Products Limb Trimmer #19  
I trim up the overhanging pine branches. It's related to a winter time thing. The overhanging pine limbs carry a really heavy snow load. My Kubota M6040 is open station. When we do get enough snow that I plow the driveway - it IS NOT a whole lot of fun - having a load of snow come crashing down on me as I plow past.

If I was located somewhere without snow - I would leave the overhanging limbs. It give a very nice "tunnel look" to the driveway.
I like my green tunnel too. Many compliments on being more park-like than farm. Fortunately mostly deciduous trees helps with snow load. Ice loading the tunnel becomes a fence. Beech trees grow more out than up.

/ Brown Products Limb Trimmer #20  
View attachment 835780
Had fun making this one. Didn’t know how useful it might be. Several on the market now. Low gpm hydraulic flow required. Helps to keep this old man out of the danger zone when trimming trees or breaking down blow-downs.

Enjoyed watching that great thread.