Broken welds

/ Broken welds #41  
CAPS ARE NOTHING BUT BIGGER LETTERS FOR EYE STRAINERS...IF YOU THINK TYPING ON A MUTE MACHINE IS YELLING,THEN YOU ARE TRULY LIGHT IN THE LOAFERS AND YOU ARE READY FOR THE HA HA HOTEL...
Guess you really failed your english courses in school and later the "introduction to the internet 101"....

/ Broken welds #42  
Anything can fail, even a good weld, under the right condition.
I took a tech school welding glass a few years ago and the welding instructor was a no nonsense lifelong pro that went through great pains to tear stuff apart to show that good welds won't come apart.

Skyscrapers are welded these days.

Last edited:
   / Broken welds #43  
Was a welder for many years the truth is if a weld is properly applied the weld will be stronger that the surrounding metal. I have seen this on many occasions where over stressing the joint it is the metal not the weld that failed.

/ Broken welds #44  
Sorry about your tractor. I'm thinking like several of the guys on here are, with regard to breaking welds. I'm no pro by any means but have been welding one thing or another for 50 years at least. I've never had a weld actually break, even the bubblegum ones. Well, maybe an aluminum one a time or two when I didn't take time to clean it enough before I stuck it together or when I welded something way out of position. I have seen welds completely pull out of the base metal or crack right next to the weld but never crack or break right in the weld. But I guess anything can happen and there are the things that are built late on Friday or early Monday morning.;)
'damn' I hope I didn't spell anything wrong.:D

/ Broken welds #45  
IF YOU EVER GET TO GO TO INDIA WHERE MAHINDRAS ARE MADE READY FOR ASSEMBLY IN TEXAS, YOU WOULD SEE WHY THE WELDS BREAK APART...
Senseless comment. Everyone has opinions on tractor manufactures, but unless you have facts based on evidence regarding systemic failures, it remains just an opinion.

By the way, many Mahindra’s built since their inception are still running well in 3rd world nations.

/ Broken welds #46  
Here are a couple of videos from Messicks from a while ago.

A lot of food for thought with respect to the new generation of compact tractors.

It is very easy to get a lot of weight on the front axle of small tractors when using the bucket.

Now this guy is a salesman not a farmer. Some of what he says about the fulcrum effect from rear ballast makes sense.

For me, I put weight on the back of the tractor so I can put more weight on the front. :)

View attachment 839410
Dang, I wish the hydraulics on my Kubota 3301 were strong enough to do that. Even with no rear ballast like in this pic mine would never raise the rear wheels off the ground. I guess in a way that's a good thing because you stand a much better chance of not bending or breaking something.
The hydraulics are the only disappointment I have with this tractor. When I bought it I told that salesman I wanted something I could at the very least pick up 1000lbs. This thing has a hard time lifting 500lbs off the ground, never mind doing with it once off the ground.

/ Broken welds #47  
I would contact the company not the dealer. No matter what the age of your tractor this should have never happened. Sometimes a company will help in some kind of way.

/ Broken welds #48  
Senseless comment. Everyone has opinions on tractor manufactures, but unless you have facts based on evidence regarding systemic failures, it remains just an opinion.

By the way, many Mahindra’s built since their inception are still running well in 3rd world nations.
Maybe in third world counties the don't report failure of this nature thinking its something they done same applies to US.

/ Broken welds #49  
I would contact the company not the dealer. No matter what the age of your tractor this should have never happened. Sometimes a company will help in some kind of way.
Please read post #29 in this thread. We are the dealer. He did what he should and contacted us first. We put together a request to Mahindra to cover this even though it was technically not in warranty. Mahindra responded promptly with approval. This is the best method, unless, of course, you have a dealer that is not willing to advocate for you.

It helped that the customer was cooperative and that the tractor had not been abused. We want to take care of that sort of customer. You should not have to jump up and down and become the squeaky wheel to get results.

/ Broken welds #50  
Dang, I wish the hydraulics on my Kubota 3301 were strong enough to do that. Even with no rear ballast like in this pic mine would never raise the rear wheels off the ground. I guess in a way that's a good thing because you stand a much better chance of not bending or breaking something.
The hydraulics are the only disappointment I have with this tractor. When I bought it I told that salesman I wanted something I could at the very least pick up 1000lbs. This thing has a hard time lifting 500lbs off the ground, never mind doing with it once off the ground.
The bucket hydraulics seem to be rated for the tractor weight. Fortunately the actual loader seems to be much stronger than what the hydraulics can handle, although some people have managed to bend loaders in one method or another.

Many tractors seem to be able to barely lift enough to hit the tipping point with no rear ballast (or only tire ballast).

In the picture with the Ford, I was pulling a scissor lift off of a trailer, and had forgotten to add ballast back on the tractor after putting the draw bar on earlier. So, when I pulled the lift past the end of the trailer, I got a lot more weight added to the bucket and wheels came up.

I have modified the front axle stops to keep it from rolling to the side. Inconvenient for some things, but safer when using the bucket.