Briggs and Stratton discontinuing Snapper and Simplicity for North American market

/ Briggs and Stratton discontinuing Snapper and Simplicity for North American market #31  
Not much battery stuff is made in USA, even if it is a US nameplate.

Your real tradeoff depends on a few factors.

1) Engine maintenance/repair. Gas will be more expensive to maintain. DIY will save a bit if you have the skills.

2) Battery life. Even the best batteries only have so many years they can be recharged. Also risk of discontinued batteries. Replacement batteries are almost as much as new equipment.

3) Local/state regs. You may get a gas model and be unable to use it down the road.

I have a Honda mower. It didn't like ethanol, but is great when it runs. We had a electric mower. Gave it to daughter when we got out of the city.

Anything I can't get with my flail mower I can get with my Echo battery string trimmer...or it remains natural.

/ Briggs and Stratton discontinuing Snapper and Simplicity for North American market #32  
Even if a battery remains serviceable... It's ability to maintain the same endurance degrades on day one. The Greenworks batteries I have are a good example. If you use them for 10 minutes between charges, you'd never know the difference. If you are asking them to compare to a new one before complete discharge, you'll see it.
I don't see it while running a trimmer or blower for a few minutes. I do see it when I go to chainsaw a tree... And one battery lasts 30 mins, and another 15.

/ Briggs and Stratton discontinuing Snapper and Simplicity for North American market #33  
I don't have that problem with the chainsaw. The batteries last longer than I do. The string trimmer and chainsaw share batteries. Unfortunately, Echo changed from a 58v to a 56v with a different form factor. I can still find batteries, but harder to find other compatible tools. Irritating, because the ones I have are beasts.

/ Briggs and Stratton discontinuing Snapper and Simplicity for North American market #34  
IDK about today, but 2 years ago, JD dealers were selling a nice self propelled walk behind mower with a commercial Honda engine. I almost bought one, but ended up finding a used/refurbished snapper mower with a commercial Honda engine for half price. This mower is a beast.