Break in period 50 hours?

/ Break in period 50 hours? #1  

Sandroost

Tractor
TYM574HST now. Previously Kubota M5700, Ford 2000
Owners manual says not to "use excessive speed or load" for the first 50 hours.
First question is, what is excessive? Second would be, what is realistic break in work other than just driving around not actually working?
50 hours just seems out of line with most motorized vehicles these days, and could take a half a year!
Boat outboards- run 'em like you stole 'em. Trucks, only 1000 miles before towing.
So what's up with TYM? 574 with a Kukje fwiw.

Last edited:
   / Break in period 50 hours? #2  
Mostly to get the wear metal flakes out of the oil/filter system from production, your magnet will be hairy with shavings from production etc. Just good measure......excessive speed would be above PTO speed of 2400 rpms for elongated time, short bursts is fine to help seat the rings.

/ Break in period 50 hours? #3  
Owners manual says not to "use excessive speed or load" for the first 50 hours.
First question is, what is excessive? Second would be, what is realistic break in work other than just driving around not actually working?
50 hours just seems out of line with most motorized vehicles these days, and could take a half a year!
Boat outboards- run 'em like you stole 'em. Trucks, only 1000 miles before towing.
So what's up with TYM? 574 with a Kukje fwiw.
1000 miles of normal driving might be 50 hours. My truck will just drive around the acreage or occasional trips 7 miles into town. 20 mpg average would be 50 hours.

Excessive speed would be full throttle in high range. If it is my new tractor, I'm running it to do my chores, but mindful of the fact that I shouldn't be over working it. Keep bucket loads light enough that there is no strain. Don't use your tractor as a dozer or an excavator. It can do light versions of those tasks, but if you want it to last, use some common sense. I would also get 50 hours done in about 2 weeks. Less later, but I would probably spend 3-5 hours just doing some basics and familiarization for me and wife.

Excessive is lawyer speak. They all use it. The point is that it is impossible to tell you specifically as there are too many variables.