Branson tire ballast fluid?

/ Branson tire ballast fluid? #11  
Beet Juice (Rimguard) is non corrosive. It's also heavier per pound than any other tire fill fluid. The main reason it's popular up here is it's very low freezing point (-40F). In warmer climates Rimguard may not be available due to cost and the low freeze point is not needed. So say in Texas, you may have problems finding a Rimguard dealer to fill your tires.

My dealer had a tire service fill my tires with Rimguard before he delivered it to me. The dealer didn't offer the fill service, but there are several equipment service companies here that do.

/ Branson tire ballast fluid?
FWIW, in the off season I watch for Walmart RV antifreeze to be sold on clearance and the least I've ever seen was $2 jug. Compared to beet juice or methanol it's much more expensive.
Note that on beet juice I didn't say I knew it was corrosive-I said a tractor tire serviceman who does tire ballast fluids told me he has seen corrosion from beet juice. Google says it's non-corrosive and it does weigh more than alcohol and about the same as the calcium chloride of the past.

/ Branson tire ballast fluid? #13  
Neither of my M's have filled tires and candidly I don't want them filled. I use mine for farming and ground compaction can become an issue. Both of my Kubota's have cast center sections on the rear and that is plenty of 'ballast' for my FEL's They can both easily pick up over a ton with no issue stationary or moving.

One thing to always keep in mind and that is, what is the maximum weight the front tires are capable of carrying and two, increasing the load capacity puts undue strain on the front drive assembly (if you have an FWA tractor)

/ Branson tire ballast fluid? #14  
"Compared to beet juice or methanol it's much more expensive.".....kantuckid

Really? Out here rim guard (beet juice) is 3.5 times more expensive, methanol is 2x more expensive. I was able to order 55 gal drums of -20° washer fluid for $100.
I would like to know where you can get beet juice that cheap

/ Branson tire ballast fluid? #15  
Rimguard is not cheap compared to other liquid fills, but it's much cheaper than weights.

When I was growing up on a farm in AZ, we only filled tires with straight water. It never got cold enough to freeze solid. Most it would ever do is maybe a bit of slush in the tire, but by mid day with the sun shining on the tire, the slush would be gone.

I said->>>>alcohol packaged as RV winterizer is typically more expensive than either beet juice or methanol-you mis-read my post. Rim-guard pricing is like the tractor prices-it's all over the place but generally cost effective choice given it's weight per gallon. Some RV fluid is far lower temps and thus could be diluted in certain climates. I have a couple of clearance sale jugs that are very low temps-much lower than the ~ 20 below I've seen here in E KY a few times.
For that matter I am not shopping for any of them to begin with. WSW fluid off the shelf is sometimes cheaper than 55gl barrels-depends on who has it and what temperature, etc.. Fluid weights are another factor and certainly wheel weights are not cost effective.

/ Branson tire ballast fluid? #17  
It is interesting how many people view something like wheel weights as not cost effective. They will spend $20,000 or more for a tractor, $2000 or more for a grapple, but $1000 for much better traction or stability is just too expensive.

Wheel weights are a one time purchase for the life of the tractor. They do not go bad or have an expiration date. When you no longer need them they can be sold and recover most of the cost. Liquid ballast is only good for the life of the tire. Depending on condition you could spend 2 or 3 times more for liquid over the life of the tractor.

/ Branson tire ballast fluid? #18  
It is interesting how many people view something like wheel weights as not cost effective. They will spend $20,000 or more for a tractor, $2000 or more for a grapple, but $1000 for much better traction or stability is just too expensive.

Wheel weights are a one time purchase for the life of the tractor. They do not go bad or have an expiration date. When you no longer need them they can be sold and recover most of the cost. Liquid ballast is only good for the life of the tire. Depending on condition you could spend 2 or 3 times more for liquid over the life of the tractor.
Yes and No. The liquid can be pulled out and reinstalled when replacing tires. I like wheel weight because it doesn't change the air cushion with the tire, never freezes, and you can remove them when not needed.

/ Branson tire ballast fluid? #19  
Yes and No. The liquid can be pulled out and reinstalled when replacing tires. I like wheel weight because it doesn't change the air cushion with the tire, never freezes, and you can remove them when not needed.
My tractor rides nicer with fluid in the tires and 30psi (R14T). Even @ <20psi there was too much 'bounce', now its smooth.

Liquid ballast applies weight to the outer tread with different dynamics than does a axle centric wheel weight. This matters in the physics of that weight as rears are very large diameter. The rears still "squoosh down" to make traction, even with fluid in them and the ballast is at the point of ground contact, not up around the axle.
I served my apprenticeship as an industrial mechanic/millwright in a very modern program-honestly said it was far more sophisticated than much of the "wall paper of diplomas" I got from various college diplomas. We were once shown a Goodyear film series centered on their tire testing tracks. Zero was said about AG tires built on machines I serviced which were patented in the years prior to and just after WWI mind you! But I do recall that with road tires the entire issue of traction is tread contact based not on how much the car or truck weighs above the ground.
As a lifelong sine 1963 motorcycle rider, yet again, it's that contact patch that matters and fluid at the ground contact spot matters more in my feeble, aged senior mind. :geek: Of course lowering air pressure can assist too.
I'm not playing math guru here but fact is that wheel weights are mostly always expensive and usually far lighter than weight using fluid. Fluid is not that hard to do on the farm if your retired like me and don't clock in, etc.. The freezing aspect is well covered in modern ballast fluids?

On the R14's I asked any number of dealers when I was pricing new tractors and very few like them as they all seem to say they load up with mud even more easily than do R4's. I suppose since they are not the typical option from distribution they might lean away as a sales ploy but the tread design does have close block spacings at that. I find that with R4's they will load after only a few wheel spins when skidding logs anywhere except on pasture turf when very dry. In the winter they like to stay that way too. AG1's are no doubt the better dirt tire tread but not common in these compact & utility tractors mostly seen here on the web.
I'm looking forward to seeing what this 4820R will do with my local mud? I gained ~ 1,400lbs plus my liquid ballast and a wider rear of same diameter as my Kioti so it should do more work. Got a white oak about 125-150 years old laying up there to test on.:giggle: