Branson brand to be discontinued?

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #212  
It's not gonna be regional by brand. It is a transition from two brands to one. many dealers have commented toward this on the FB Branson Group page. Tym is it down the road, brand wise.
Sorry for the confusion. The "regional by brand" comment was referring to dealer inventory across all OEMs and was not specific to TYM.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #215  
1675280120161.png

I'm trying to figure this out. TYM gets 3 Yanmar models to add to their lineup. They already have some redundancy with the (former) Branson models. Maybe looking to get that cool Yanmar IHMT transmission, or looking to gain some cred with the Yanmar name? I expected that there would be some pairing of models at TYM after the merger, but if they are adding Yanmar models, will there be even more discontinued models?

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #216  
Not really gaining cred, TYM has already had a few models using Yanmar engines. Yanmar is actually getting some TYM models. I expected them to drop Yanmar. I'm guessing that this was mutually beneficial as Yanmar stood to lose some business. The only real advantage for TYM is if A) they don't feel they can keep up production with only their own engines or B) they can get use of the IHMT.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #217  
The Yanmar/TYM joint venture proceedings are certainly nothing new in the tractor industry. In fact it would be hard to find a tractor company that doesn't do outsourcing from what some might view as a competitor for everything from individual components to entire tractors.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #218  
I actually like joint ventures - obviously both parties think it is beneficial for them. I'm just trying to figure out how this will affect TYM's range of models (given all the overlap they already have). It will be a coup for them if they get the IHMT transmission.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #219  
Here's a FYI and shout out to TYM and Dave's Tractors.

I bought my Branson in late May of 2022, and was disturbed when I found out that they were being sold; under new ownership, how well would they support my product? Well, I found out.

I had barely used my BH150 backhoe until the past two weeks when I started one of my big projects. About three or four hours in I noticed a substantial leak just below the joysticks. I tried to research valve repair etc., but finally broke down and called Daves. Warranty on the backhoe is only a year, so it was out of warranty. I told them that I had barely worn the paint off of the teeth, and that it had less than 8 hours on it... he said "I'll call Branson and see what they will do." I said "you mean TYM, right?" He told me that TYM still has a Branson division open :).

After he spoke with Branson and told them about my low usage, they agreed to replace the valve under warranty! That would have been an expensive fix.

Thank you TYM and Daves for standing solidly behind the Branson product! This (as well as the fact that my tractor model has been retained by TYM) has set my mind at ease!

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #220  
From what I see on TBN, Dave's tractors has a good reputation.